Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Smith
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have three boys...16, 10 and 6. With the age differences, as you can imagine, sometimes they rub each other the wrong way(and then other times they are cooperating beautifully...).

After watching Tom(and Melody) Vasel's review on this, my wife and I thought it looked like it might be a nice addition to our collection. Well, we played it as a family last night(twice) and it was amazing fun. Our family has enjoyed other games together(The Builders, Augustus, Steampark, etc. etc.) but there was something special about the family experience of this one.

To see the kids(and adults) cheer, celebrate and high five each other after a critical hit, or a ridiculously hard shot, was truly great. It seemed like everyone had their 'epic moment of heroism' in the course of the game.

Just to be clear...we lost both games(to that Crazy Cat Lady...both times!), but we've never had as much fun while losing. The games difficulty(not in terms of rules but dexterity challenge) makes it hard to win...but there were so many enjoyable moments along the way in our dungeon delve, it didn't matter. Something about this game put the "game" part of the experience front and center, and pushes the "we win or fail" feeling to the back of the line.

I can't wait to pull this out with friends and the various games groups that I am part of. That being said, the family experience was a great one with this game. It was a game that appealed to my wife and I as well as the array of ages of our children.

One small caveat: I pulled a couple of the cards from the game to avoid juvenile commentary(there are some near-adult humor items that I just left in the game box). My wife and I are fairly conservative with what we allow our kids to be exposed to...one of the reasons that boardgaming is a favorite family pastime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.