Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Corwin David
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have things that I say during netrunner that are probably out of the ordinary for people who don't play against me regularly. Here's a list of "catch phrases" and their meaning.

Mopus Dopus- Magnum Opus

Snake Door Beetlejuice - Sneak Door Beta

Nutty Professor 2 - "I'm all clumped up" (Nutty Professor 2 Meet the Klumps) To be used like "Man, I'm all nutty professor 2 today" or "My deck is totally nutty professor 2".

Reading Rainbow- Being able to get into any server. (From the lyric "I can go anywhere") To be used after playing the last piece of your rig.

Space Bucks/Duckets/Money Dollars - Credits

So give me a shout-out: What are some weird or funny names you have for cards or game state? Don't be afraid to post something goofy, your catch phrase could be the next to go world wide
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this one is pretty common, but, "First action, pump Kati." Who doesn't love pumping Kati?

Love the phrases man! Especially duckets. Definitely will use that one to the dismay of my opponents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
I think this one is pretty common, but, "First action, pump Kati." Who doesn't love pumping Kati?

Love the phrases man! Especially duckets. Definitely will use that one to the dismay of my opponents.
You should always pump Kati as your last action. It gives you the most flexibility - if you need to take credits off of her unexpectedly, you can do so. If you need that extra click to clear a tag so she doesn't get trashed, you can do that as well.

But, to add to the list, I always give the Nelson 'HA-HA' laugh when I rez a Pop-Up Window.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure but I role play this game. So if on my last action of the previous turn, I pumped Kati, I will pump her as my first action on this turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corwin David
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:

I tend to last click "drop a load" on Kati. Take that however you want, but I normally feel bad saying it when there are kids in the shop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Thomas
United States
Palmyra
Virginia
flag msg tools
Check out our journey at http://colinbethanyadopt.wordpress.com
badge
"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination." - The First Ideal of the Lightweavers (The Stormlight Archive)
mbmbmbmbmb
- "I'm up all night to get lucky" - when playing Blue Level Clearance

- "Whiizzzzarddd!" - everytime I trash something with Whizzard's credits

- It used to be "Tap Kati", but now it is "Hire Ms. Jones"

Edit:
- also, the ever popular "Whoo, whoo! Astrotrain leaving the station" upon scoring the first Astro
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
Melange Mining Corp is almost universally called "koparka" (digger) in PL.

Don't remember any cheesy phrases. I like to ask "how many agendas you have on hand?" all of sudden, though. You would be surprised how many people automatically respond, giving you actual numbers :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corwin David
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
Don't remember any cheesy phrases. I like to ask "how many agendas you have on hand?" all of sudden, though. You would be surprised how many people automatically respond, giving you actual numbers

I'm getting that on a T-shirt. Just bold print saying "How many Agendas do you have?".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ice Ice Baby - Corp starting the game by dropping two ICE and something for 3rd click, usually hedge fund
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Bellamy
England
Leeds
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
paedia wrote:
- "I'm up all night to get lucky" - when playing Blue Level Clearance

Slight derail here, but I always refer to Galactic Trendsetters from Race for the Galaxy as 'Galactic Daft Punk' or just 'GDP'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Galdames
Chile
Santiago
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We tend to

- Encounter SHODAN (Aggressive Secretary)

- Call Inspector Gadget (Green Level Clearance)

Among others that I'll try to remember.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hinkes
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First turn as Shaper I just say "Moe", which means I'm installing Magnum Opus and taking credits for my turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Bellamy
England
Leeds
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
'Sure Fund' and 'Hedge Gamble' - used interchangeably.

I occasionally sing 'Me and Mrs Jones' when using Kati...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
DJhedgehog wrote:
rattkin wrote:
Don't remember any cheesy phrases. I like to ask "how many agendas you have on hand?" all of sudden, though. You would be surprised how many people automatically respond, giving you actual numbers :)

I'm getting that on a T-shirt. Just bold print saying "How many Agendas do you have?".

Be my guest :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert R
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb

DJhedgehog wrote:
clydeiii wrote:

I tend to last click "drop a load" on Kati. Take that however you want, but I normally feel bad saying it when there are kids in the shop.

I've played about half of my games on OCTGN where cards tap when used, so I got used to saying 'tapping Kati'.

But personally I stick to the more commonly used ones:

Proco: Professional Contacts

'Yip yip!': Pup

Rihanna: Silhouette

etc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Epperson

Tennessee
msg tools
I usually say that I have a conversation with Kati(which i adopted from another player). I tend to say something when people use abuse language when referring to using her ability. You should feel ashamed if you do.

I tend to say rototurret in a short, quick robot like voice when rezzing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corwin David
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sonatinas wrote:
I usually say that I have a conversation with Kati(which i adopted from another player). I tend to say something when people use abuse language when referring to using her ability. You should feel ashamed if you do.

I tend to say rototurret in a short, quick robot like voice when rezzing it.

I think it's appropriate to say "WHHHRR" when you rez a rototurret, especially when it kills a program.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
Same goes for yelling "Surge!". I mean, seriously, the card shouldn't even work if you don't do this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Blum
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Talk to crypsis about his hobbies.

Ask crypsis how his family is doing.

Try to get crypsis to cheer up.

etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Goldfarb Styrt
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My play partner and I usually say "talk to Kati" or "spend some time with Kati." We also say "boing" (a bouncing-off sound effect) if we rez an end the run ICE that the opponent can't break, usually early game before the breakers are out. And "crank Melange" for spending click-click-click on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
KC
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
Tuism wrote:
Ice Ice Baby - Corp starting the game by dropping two ICE and something for 3rd click, usually hedge fund

Yes! This is ours too. Only sometimes it's "Ice, ice, no baby. " The "baby" part is strictly reserved for Hedge Fund or appropriate substitutes (Sweeps Week, Beanstalk Royalties, etc.).

With regard to Ms. Jones, it's "Kati up" and "Kati out" for loading and unloading, respectively. "First click, Kati out" means this turn, the Corp is gonna have a bad time.

Using Professional Contacts (ProCon or ProCo) is referred to as "going pro." Fetal AI is "evil baby."

Thanks to one of our regulars, you will often hear the phrase "I hear that's a good card," often said forlornly as it's used against you. "Account Siphon, eh? I hear that's a good card. " "Midseason Replacements? I hear that's a good card. I guess I take 14 tags."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Edwards
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This one isn't very original but I like to say "Watchu talkin' 'bout, Janus?!" when I encounter a Janus.

I wouldn't say that it has actually improved my skill in netrunner though. Perhaps I should start saying "take it to the max" more often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Olympia
WA
flag msg tools
Thou art I... Thou hast acquired a new vow.
badge
With the birth of the BOARD GAMES Persona, you have obtained the winds of blessing that shall lead to freedom and new power.
mbmbmbmbmb
"Eyes forward, please" in a thick Russian accent when rezzing Ash.

"DAAAANGER ZOOOONE!" when rezzing Archer.

"Sexy robots" for Eve/Adonis campaigns.

Also seconding a mandatory "Yip yip!"/"Whrrrrr!" for Pup/Rototurret.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jardy koning
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
Whenever i unload creds from Kati i always say

"1st click, dump kati. It just wasn't working out."

whenever i score multiple agendas out of a rnd/hq dig i call it a happy birthday which is a phrase used in marvel vs capcom fighting tournaments which i used to go to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
"I am calling Saul", or "Better call Saul" for lawyer up.

I also cannot help but making lots of electronic"bzzz" sounds when doing little net damage with PE or shock. Love making that noise right before they access HQ too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.