Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ira Taraday
Canada
Unspecified
Ontario
flag msg tools
Hello.

Looking for recommendations for games that fit 4-6 players. Preferable games that take around 1-1.5 hours to play and have a good theme.

Other popular games my group enjoys would be:
-Shadow Hunters
-Betrayal at House on the Hill
-Last Night on Earth
-Room 25
-Resistance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Fong
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My first thoughts go to gloom (2-4 player with the base set, adds one with unwelcome guests, unfortunate expeditions, or unhappy homes each).

What aspect of those games do they like? Do they only like a dark theme?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ira Taraday
Canada
Unspecified
Ontario
flag msg tools
I would say people like the theme and heavy player interactions. Hidden traitor mechanisms are also popular with my group. Usually games which have player elimination aren't that popular (though Shadow Hunters is an exception I would say considering how fast it plays).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cosmic Encounter (3-5 players) with Cosmic Incursion to extend it to 6 players (and for the rewards deck). It plays in about 60-90 minutes depending on your group, number of players and which aliens are in play. Really fun with 4+ players, the more the merrier (as long as you don't invite allies too often).

Discworld:Ankh-Morpork is a fun game with plenty of unexpected turns. Has cards, minions, money and buildings, and random events, that do not overpower strategy. Your secret winning condition needs to be filled at the beginning of your turn to win. Works well with all of the advertised number of players (2 to 4). Plays always just under an hour. You don't need to be a fan of Discworld, but you get a bit of extra atmosphere out of it.

One Night Ultimate Werewolf adds a new twist to hidden team/traitor games, because you also can not be sure about your own team, but need to try to find that out too. 3-10 players, 5 minutes per game. ONUWW actually works quite well with just 3 players, although is more fun with 4+. You can never play just one.

If you don't mind a small disconnect between the theme and mechanics, also check out Panic Station (and make sure to use the latest rules).

I would also suggest Battlestar Galactica, but it will take from 1.5 to 3 hours. The low end is when the humans lose horribly. (But you get faster. We play a game with all expansions in 2-2.5 hours now.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Fong
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wizuriel wrote:
I would say people like the theme and heavy player interactions. Hidden traitor mechanisms are also popular with my group. Usually games which have player elimination aren't that popular (though Shadow Hunters is an exception I would say considering how fast it plays).

possibly

Shadows over Camelot
3-7 players
traitor mechanic
1-2 hours to play

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
Manhattan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
BANG! or BANG! The Dice Game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Garnica
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamaica
Seven Sister
Euphoria: Build a Better Dystopia
Viticulture
Gear & Piston
Flash Point: Fire Rescue

All of these can play 4-6 players easily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gallo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Cutthroat Caverns plays 3-6 in about 90 minutes and is pretty thematic. If you have some or all of the expansions there's high amounts of variety and replay value as well. There could be player elimination however not until the very end if you work together and backstab only when necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.