John Bandettini
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
That one not so much
badge
Ohh that tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
In my reviews I concentrate on two aspects of the game. A look at what you actually get in the box. The components of the game, and a look at both the quantity and quality.

Secondly, my experiences with the game including what I like about it and anything I don’t like about it.

This time I am going to be looking at Krackades It's a web\self published game. There seems to be very little information on this game on the geek so I thought it was time it had at least one review.
At the moment there is no retail version. It’s either print and play or get it printed by someone like Artscow.

I usually comment on the box art, but my copy was not in a box, so I will skip that. What I got was a bunch of small cards and a tub of Play-Doh.

The game itself is a party game and it borrows a lot from Time’s Up and Pictionary.

The rules of the game are to say the least brief, they are on one side of one small card. Although the game is very simple I am sure some rules lawyers will have a field day with them. Not surprisingly there are no illustrations or examples of play.

The game is played by two or more teams. The first team to score three points in all three categories is the winner.
On their turn each player draws a card from one of three draw decks and the tries to communicate the word or phrase to their team.

Here are some examples of the Act cards. Players act out the cards and try to get their team members to guess. This is very similar to Time’s Up.

These are the draw cards. Players who draw a draw card, have to draw the word (Bet you never saw that one coming). In other words Pictionary.

Now here is something different (at least as far as I am aware), these are the sculpt cards. Players who draw from this pile need to sculpt whatever is on the card for their team mates.

And this is what you sculpt with, a tub of play-doh.

One final type of card and it’s a Krack Attack. At the start of the game all of the players get dealt a random Krack Attack card. As you can see from the examples, they make the player tasks harder. Each player can play their Krack attack when ever it’s another players turn. And that is pretty much the game.

What do I think of it?

I enjoy party games, and even though a lot of this game is derivative of other games as mentioned I still enjoyed it and think it does enough to justify itself as a separate game.

I like that it has three different disciplines for you to choose from, so if maybe you have avoided Pictionary or Pictomania as (Like me) you’re not very good at drawing, you can still play and try to act or sculpt. (Though of course you can guarantee that with the game on the line, it will be your turn with only a draw card needed to win).

The play-doh is a unique idea, as indeed is the whole sculpting concept.

As I mentioned though the rules are very brief, probably too much so. I see a lot of house ruling in this game.

The Krack Attack cards are a lot of fun to use, You need to pick your time carefully as each player only gets one card and it is a one time use only. I don’t know that these cards make that much difference to the result, but they do make the game more fun to play and isn’t that the main point with a party game?

As for my comments earlier about a retail version. At the moment there is no plans for one, the game is currently web\self published. If the game becomes popular enough there might be a retail copy sometime in the future. Due to this if you do print out a copy (or get it through Artscow or wherever) you’ll also need some play-doh (or something similar) and some paper and drawing implements.

Personally I would rather like to see a retail copy. So go give it a try and see what you think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent review, John. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Pi-dt
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hey, this is Jeff with Krackades. Thanks for the review. Here's some follow up information for BGG.

Here's a link to purchase the game on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Krackades-Mini/dp/B00FRUNVPY?tag=artic...

We have sold directly to some retailers in the US and Canada, so if you are a retailer interested in a bulk order, we can sell it to you at cost. The bulk order can be as low as 30 units. Besides being fun, the units take up very little shelf space (hence the "mini"). If interested, email us at krackades@gmail.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.