Popular Tags: [View All]
Frederick Bergeron
Canada
Saint-Lambert
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good day,
I’m looking at buying this game, but I’m on the fence at the moment.

I 100% confident that I will love the game since I’m playing a hell out of the Talisman apps (both single player and multiplayer version) on my iPad (but I never played the real life version of it). I’m on the fence as half of my gaming group (2 out of 4 people) are not big fan of the roll-and-move mechanic.

I know from reading the rules, and looking at gameplay videos, that the rolls can be modified using Power cards. But from what I’m seeing, those Power cards will be pretty limited and offers another way to using it – meaning that we will probably not be using them as much to replace to roll to move.

I thought at adding 1 or 2 options to replace that players can choose to do instead of the roll-and-move and I was curious to get the opinion of gamers that already played the game…

1) Using Trophies to move instead of rolling a move die. Instead of upgrading, you can discard a total of 6 Trophies to move up to 6 cases left or right (it doesn't matter if you choose to only move 1, you still need to discard 6 Trophies). The way I’m seeing it is at the beginning of the game, since we would want to upgrade fast, we will not be using that option that much, except if we really need it. But later in the game, where we will be more leveled and getting more trophies, it will be use more and at the same time, can reduce the gameplay time as well.

2) Getting a Corruption card instead of rolling a move die. On your turn, instead of rolling a die to move, you can choose to take 1 Corruption card and move up to 6 cases left or right. I don’t think this will be used a lot, but when really needed, it can be an interesting option… I think…

What do you think about hose 2 options? Will they broke the game? Maybe using just 1 of the 2…?
Let me know.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jack delavert
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem being that with several characters special powers being that they can in a limted fashion, choose the location they move to (several Relics and power cards having similar properties) it will make them less balanced against other characters..choose those characters if you don't likeroll and move. IMHO the mechanic works well as you have a lot of choices(direction of travel'
, passing into other layers etc)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Bergeron
Canada
Saint-Lambert
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
heretek wrote:
The problem being that with several characters special powers being that they can in a limited fashion, choose the location they move to (several Relics and power cards having similar properties) it will make them less balanced against other characters..

Wasn't aware of characters having that special powers. I'll probably go that road and suggest my 2 non-liking-roll-and-move friends to use those characters.

Thanks for the reply

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.