Vietnam
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/EnjoyBoardgame
mbmbmbmbmb
I own horse #3 (Three's company) and its movement bar has 2,4,5
My friend owns horse #5 (Sure Lee) and its movement bar has 4,6

The horse dice is 4, move dice is 1

So horse #3 and #5 all moves 1 space and finish at the same time (Horse #4 is far behind)

So is it correct that I and my friend will share the same finishing title, and get $100 for each?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Moultrie
United States
St. George
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only time horses move based on their additional movement numbers is during the turn of the player who owns them. So, on your turn you roll the horse die and the movement die. The first thing that happens is the horse rolled on the horse die moves. In your example, horse 4 moves 1 space. The next thing that happens is that the current player looks at his horses. In this case, if any of his/her horses had a 4 in the movement bar, that horse would also move.

If it was your turn, Three's Company would move and you would win the race.

If it was your friends turn, Sure Lee would move and win the race.

edit. Todd W beat me to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Riddell
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
louper wrote:
I'm not sure about the answer to your question if YOU owned BOTH horse 3 and 5, as they'd both finish at the same time due to the movement bar. (The prize money would be the same in either order, in this case, but the finishing order would affect the odds of any wagers placed on the horses.)
In this situation it will be the owner's choice. From the rules on page 8 (last page).
wrote:
If several horses that a player owns finish at the same time (after the horse on the horse die has finished), the player may choose which horses finish, and in what order.
After the horse die is resolved the player also has the option of not moving any other horse that they own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
duc duong
Vietnam
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/EnjoyBoardgame
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all your replies.
I read the rules again and find out I've played it wrong.
I allow all horses (movement bar number same as horse dice) move. No wonder we finish the game very fast.
So it's all clear now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.