Subject: Thinking of putting WQ together myself... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MaL
United Kingdom
S YORKS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Think of putting/printing this myself any advice on this?

Does anyone have the files, images i could use?

Thanks for the help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mal

There's many spare parts for this on ebay (prices tho ) and i'v even recently seen a GW box set of the bats/rats/spiders/snotlings that look identical to those used originally.
Alot of the board sections were duplicated in Dungeon Bowl (i may even have a pdf of those pieces).

The other mini's can be ebay or just substitute more up to date mini's

There's alot of online help available as well

http://wquest.free.fr/
http://bwarhammerquest.runboard.com/

cheerio
Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Littlemonk
United States
The Dungeon
Warhammer Quest
flag msg tools
Young Forest Warrior
badge
Samurai trained to die with honor. Ninja trained to kill others. Shao-Lin trained to live forever!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mi7even wrote:

Thanks for the help

If you're looking for a hobby experience, then putting it together yourself is the way to go. If you consider the time invested, you'll probably spend as much printing and making your own copy as you would purchasing the entire set for $250 online.

You could search for a Warhammer Quest torrent online that has all the files you need to print your own.

There's also a guy on eBay who is selling the boards printed on oil canvas. It's the entire set as well as all of the expansions and all of the White Dwarf tiles:

Warhammer Quest tiles on eBay

I purchased a set and they look like the real thing. The only difference is that they're on thin oil canvas, you can roll them up, and it's waterproof.

I also gave him permission to print up my Dark Elf Expansion tiles:

Dark Elf Expansion tiles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Linnell
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
I really need a new badge, avatar, and overtext. GM me with any ideas....
badge
This is the seahorse valley
mb
the_bummer wrote:
Mi7even wrote:

Thanks for the help

If you're looking for a hobby experience, then putting it together yourself is the way to go. If you consider the time invested, you'll probably spend as much printing and making your own copy as you would purchasing the entire set for $250 online.

You could search for a Warhammer Quest torrent online that has all the files you need to print your own.

There's also a guy on eBay who is selling the boards printed on oil canvas. It's the entire set as well as all of the expansions and all of the White Dwarf tiles:

Warhammer Quest tiles on eBay

I purchased a set and they look like the real thing. The only difference is that they're on thin oil canvas, you can roll them up, and it's waterproof.

I also gave him permission to print up my Dark Elf Expansion tiles:

Dark Elf Expansion tiles

Wow, those look great. I'm guessing that they are great to play with as well, since they probably don't slide around too easily. A little pricey though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
solidhavok wrote:
Wow, those look great. I'm guessing that they are great to play with as well, since they probably don't slide around too easily. A little pricey though.

Considering your travelling along underground tunnels and rooms ,in a very unsafe environment,susceptible to lots of sharp pointy sticks and obstacles,and general harm to ones person...

A little sliding of tiles now and then, only adds to the thematic dangerous dungeon feeling
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MaL
United Kingdom
S YORKS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers guys for your help.

Just thought has anyone made a app to cover the different decks or software etc?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quests-of-Legend
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
If you are looking for additional tiles then you can take a look at my site

http://quests-of-legend.weebly.com/index.html

Over 30 new tiles
Over 20 new monster cards
1 Quest
1 new character

Other odds and ends

I do work on things all be it slowly.....

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MaL
United Kingdom
S YORKS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you were playing a campaign do you just need the dungeon cards? I understand everything else is tables?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Parker
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got everything you need right here:

https://docs.google.com/folderview?id=0B_dW6NCrPT61WXdycy1Ea...

full revision of the rules, more adventures than you can shake a stick at and boards galore ready to print. Heck there is even a full Lustria expansion and sewers mini expansion love to see someone other than our group actually play it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quests-of-Legend
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
And there you have it......there's more quest here than "Mr Mcquesty's book of everlasting quests"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Littlemonk
United States
The Dungeon
Warhammer Quest
flag msg tools
Young Forest Warrior
badge
Samurai trained to die with honor. Ninja trained to kill others. Shao-Lin trained to live forever!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mi7even wrote:
If you were playing a campaign do you just need the dungeon cards? I understand everything else is tables?

Are you talking about campaign Roleplaying with a Gamemaster or the Cooperative campaign where Warriors advance in Battle-level?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MaL
United Kingdom
S YORKS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah sorry i meant coop game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mi7even wrote:
Yeah sorry i meant coop game

You are essentially correct then. You do need cards to build the dungeon in co-op. You will also need a method of determining whether an encounter is an event or monster. The default rule, even when playing with the tables in the Roleplay book, is to use the event deck and roll for a monster when you pull an M card and on the event table when you pull an E card. It's just as easy to substitute a die and assign a range to the event table and a range to the monster table.

There are a few potential problems with skipping the event deck though. Most importantly, the event deck monsters are much gentler than even the level 1 monster table in the Roleplay book. Novice players are likely to die spectacularly frequently if pitted against the monsters from there. Our table convention is to always use the event deck for fresh characters. If they survive their first dungeon, then they can start rolling on the tables. There's a good chance by that point they'll have collected some items to help them survive, despite still being level one.

The event table can also be a bit more chaotic that the deck for first timers too. The chances of being pinned in by multiple cave-ins is raised by using the table. There are also diseases and other nasty things that can, if not doom you, be a lot less fun to live with while you are learning the ropes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Littlemonk
United States
The Dungeon
Warhammer Quest
flag msg tools
Young Forest Warrior
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In addition, when you use the deck, events get discarded. Therefore they don't occur again until you reshuffle. Using the Roleplay Book or a table means that there is a chance the same event will occur again each time. Along the same vein, using a dice to determine whether a Monster or Event happens will always stay constant with a dice. When you're using cards, the odds change depending on how many Monster cards or Event cards are left in the deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MaL
United Kingdom
S YORKS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again! Ive just sourced all three books hoping to get some dungeon cards soon, then all i need is to make some dungeon tiles anyone got any advice on printing making some? Cheers for the help again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Martin
United Kingdom
Lincoln
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you managed to get pdf files of everything you need? I may have a complete copy on a hard drive somewhere if you're missing anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MaL
United Kingdom
S YORKS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers my mate found everything, just need to work out a good way to make the dungeon tiles any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Martin
United Kingdom
Lincoln
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Other than printing them out and sticking them to some cardboard, not really. I'm fortunate enough to own a copy, so I haven't had to do a Blue Peter jobbie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Stevenson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thought I'd chime in. I've made a complete home brew copy of this including cardboard standee miniatures for the monsters. I also redid the cards with different art and some with flavour text. I do have all the files lurking on my computer somewhere if you want me dig them out for you.

As for the dungeon tiles, I printed them out on standard paper, laminated them then stuck them onto greyboard with PVA glue (including the edges of the tiles to prevent peeling). They come out very sturdy but do warp a little. This can be cured by a little careful bending. They look pretty good to my mind. If I get a chance I'll upload a picture or two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mi7even wrote:
Cheers my mate found everything, just need to work out a good way to make the dungeon tiles any ideas?

I print custom tiles on self adhesive paper and stick them on black foamcore as for cards just print both sides on paper and put them in sleeves with a normal playing card in between
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MaL
United Kingdom
S YORKS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

So far me and my party of 3 have aquired...

All 3 books
Complete Dungeon, Treasure, Event, Equipment & Spell Cards

so a great start so far, my mate is going to build the dungeon tiles which will be awesome!

I've found an old citadel mini for my Bretonnian Knight and have an old Merlin mini for a Druid.

I thought a 3 player game with 2 warriors each would make for a diverse group, anyone have any advice on this is a Druid even worth it? I just like the Arthurian myth theme of a Questing Knight & Druid guide.

Our party has Skaven, Undead and Dark Elf minis does anyone know of an alternative way to generate monsters other than event deck/monster tables?

Cheers again for all your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Littlemonk
United States
The Dungeon
Warhammer Quest
flag msg tools
Young Forest Warrior
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
6 Warriors make for a pretty tight dungeon. I recommend 1 Warrior each, with the group taking turns controlling the 4th Warrior. The Druid was a fan-based submission that was printed in Deathblow Magazine and has never felt completed. The writing and ideas are severely lacking the Warhammer Quest atmosphere.

As far as generating Monsters, you might wish to acquire the Blank Event cards and fill them in with the Monsters you have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Miller

Columbus
Ohio
msg tools
Columbus, OH's best all '90s rock cover act: facebook.com/oddjobpolicy
badge
I can't believe your head exploded. If your head explodes, you'll never make it on BGG.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd get that mini primed super quick like. Looks like it's starting to get lead rot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MaL
United Kingdom
S YORKS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers guys

The mini is actually the picture from citadel collectors website, still waiting for mine to arrive

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the_bummer wrote:
6 Warriors make for a pretty tight dungeon. I recommend 1 Warrior each, with the group taking turns controlling the 4th Warrior.

I second that quite strongly. Going past four warriors is definitely not advised.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.