Hide
2 Posts

Viktory: Terror in Europe» Forums » General

Subject: Here are my thoughts on this game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Tellier
msg tools
Viktory: Terror in Europe is a fun but somewhat complex terrorist-themed game of hide-and-seek. 3-4 players team up against one player-controlled terrorist who secretly travels across the map planting bombs, traps and sleeper cells. The players need to track down and eliminate the terrorist before he obtains enough victory points to win.

My first impressions weren't great since the cover art looks pretty cheesy. In fact I probably would never have picked up this game if it wasn't in rotation at board game night. I'm glad we did end up playing though, since it turned out to be quite a bit of fun.

For movement, the terrorist uses cards with each city listed rather than a game piece. This system gets the job done but left our terrorist player scrambling to find the right cities since there are a ton of cards to sift through.

I liked that this game encourages cooperation and interaction between the "seeking" players, coordinating movement to cover wide areas, talking about the terrorists suspected movements etc.

When you find the terrorist a fight ensues via dice rolls with various modifiers. There's quite a bit of luck involved in fights, but I think that the terrorist force is slightly weak in this game. We accidentally allowed ours doubled movement for an entire game and still nearly beat him.

Overall this was a fun, cat and mouse style game which I wouldn't mind playing again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
we finally got to play last evening and had a blast. After one learning game, the rules are second nature with only a few references to check the three Operatives' special abilities.

Holds interest, moves fast, constant tension and second-guessing punctuated by explosions, ambushes and occasional intense gunfights.

A major knock-down fight between the Terror cell and Operatives is always fraught with drama and goes just long enough to lend the "feel" of a major event.

This one will see frequent play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.