Dark Mushroom Games is a new Australian Games company that will be launching on Kickstarter its first conspiracy themed board game title set in the modern world (with humorous/satirical edge) in Sept 2014.
We already have an illustrator/cartoonist who will be doing a lot of the imagery work but need a graphic designer to assist with the other critical components:
* card templates
* game mats
* player mats
* token templates
* gameboard template - modern world map
* rules book
* supporting mktg graphics
- kickstarter graphics
- website graphics
- printed materials
Style/look we are after in templates is modern and one that reflects the conspiracy theme.
Initial focus is on the base game but I see it spawning multiple expansions/supplementary card decks etc so additional work will follow.
We are looking for graphic designer contractor(s) that has the following skills:
* Good eye for graphic design and more specifically as relates to board games and components (eg boxes, gameboards,mats)
* Fast reliable worker who can meet deadlines
* Uses Adobe Creative Suite (or ability to supply artefacts in compatible formats) - will be data merging card contents from csv into Indesign template
* Must be available full time NOW to work on initial templates and then part time through to Sept to support Kickstarter launch
* Good sense of humour
* Experience doing artwork for board games/game components
* Experience doing artwork for maps - game board will revolve around a humerous world map
* Experience with magazine style layouts - to design a rules book.
For full details and to apply please register with Odesk.com and follow this link:
We are looking to start someone this week.
Thanks for your interest in our project!
A. B. West
Why aren't you PLAYING a game?
You might reach out to Peter Gifford at Universal Head. He's in your neck of the woods (well, your hat at least).