Jinteki rules checks

1) Scoring the final point and Taking a Fetal AI

runner 1 card in hand and 6 agenda points runs and access Fetal AI

my understanding is the card order triggers

Damage
Pay
Score

As Damaged kills you, you flatline (assume no protection card) Corp wins

2) Inazuma last ice on archives (shocks in archives, replicating perfection runner hoping to bounce of archives)

(also Susanoo and Whirpool)

As there is no next ice runner is forced to access archives unless he brakes Inazuma there is no jack out point any more.

these are the current rules still right? they have not been overridden somewhere..

had a few challenges on these on OCTGN of late, despite linking to Lucas's answers.

find links to Lucas answers:
1) http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/775...
2) http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1163609/inazuma-question

nothing has changed has it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wray
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know of nothing that would change either of those. Specifically, you take the Net Damage on Fetal AI upon accessing, before you can choose to pay to steal. If 2 Net would kill you, game is over and you have lost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Morris
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aside from the fact that neither of these situations are ambiguous or need rules clarifications from Lukas, only new answers from Lukas or an update to the FAQ can override a previous Lukas ruling. As far as I'm aware, both of those fronts have been very quiet lately, so you're good!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick Billings
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At this point in the season any rules queries are probably just going straight into the next FAQ.

Come on Femme/Chum/Komainu clarification!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David O
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
mb
Woah, really? I can't find reference to it at the moment, but I had read somewhere that, if you're at game point and you access an agenda, it is stolen before any damage could be triggered (ex: stealing any agenda from Jinteki: PE).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benny And The
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
hwangman wrote:
Woah, really? I can't find reference to it at the moment, but I had read somewhere that, if you're at game point and you access an agenda, it is stolen before any damage could be triggered (ex: stealing any agenda from Jinteki: PE).

That only applies to JintekiE since the trigger for its damage is when an agenda is scored or stolen. Fetal AIs damage is triggered when accessed which happens before you can steal it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Meng
msg tools
hwangman wrote:

That was a ruling specifically on the timing of the ID's ability (when scored). It is not the same for "when accessed" abilities. "When accessed" abilities happen before scoring, so Fetal AI's 2 damage (which happens "when accessed") is resolved first before the Runner can score it.

And by the way, the ruling you're referring to is in the FAQ, in the questions section. I believe it's the first question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anything that happens "When an agenda is stolen" (i.e. Jinteki: Personal Evolution's damage or losing New Angeles City Hall) would be preempted by the runner winning the game at 7+ points. However, as Alex and Tim above me state, "When the runner accesses" happens before the runner has the opportunity to steal the agenda and win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OCTGN has the fetal AI ruling wrong currently , just won a game via fetal death but system said i lost.

not sure how to report it..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wray
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Milarky wrote:
OCTGN has the fetal AI ruling wrong currently , just won a game via fetal death but system said i lost.

not sure how to report it..

Just for clarification, were you playing Corp and the Runner accessed Fetal with zero or one card in hand?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
OCGTN has the Fetal AI correct. However what OCTGN does do wrong, is not to stop when someone wins but to continue doing stuff, so the damage from PE will kill a runner and then say that he flatlined. It does at least then ask if you want to change the result to flatline, but it gets the results right the first time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes runner had 1 card in hand.

i'll keep an eye out for that next time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.