16 Posts

Mansions of Madness» Forums » General

Subject: Seeking Tabletop Simulator Help rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raine O'Shae
msg tools
mb
Can anyone provide scans of everything in the game? Cant find any on the net, friend is trying to create it in Tabletop Simulator.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ShadowKoneko wrote:
Can anyone provide scans of everything in the game? Cant find any on the net, friend is trying to create it in Tabletop Simulator.

Might be a good idea to go and purchase the copyrighted material you're trying to copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
___Shetland pony___ ___extra pepperoni___
United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
worst.....attempt.....ever ! surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amaro Vitoria

Barcelona
Barcelona
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ShadowKoneko wrote:

Uhmm... no?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek W
Poland
flag msg tools
Commutator
badge
.Komutator
mbmbmb
Well AFAIK boardgame mechanics and concept doesn't fall under any copyrights. Only graphic design and Lovecraft-references may be reserved.

So you can rewrite everything as it is changing names and putting your own pictures and nobody would say a word.

So you can buy everything and rewrite it yourself.

please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm curious myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fizolof wrote:
Well AFAIK boardgame mechanics and concept doesn't fall under any copyrights. Only graphic design and Lovecraft-references may be reserved.

So you can rewrite everything as it is changing names and putting your own pictures and nobody would say a word.

So you can buy everything and rewrite it yourself.

please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm curious myself.

Pretty sure you're right. But it sounds to me like this guy wants his own digital copy of MoM so he doesn't have to pay for it. Why else would he be asking for scanned components rather than rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a tricky question. My understanding is you cannot create a copy with different art, but you can create a similar game with different IP. How similar is the question.

I'd go by: would you mind if someone did it to you in reverse?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heiko Günther
Germany
Saarbrücken
Saarland
flag msg tools
designer
Coming soon: Peak Oil Spillover!
badge
I spent 100 GG so you can read this.
fizolof wrote:
Only graphic design and Lovecraft-references may be reserved.
Pretty sure the Lovecraft mythos in its entirety is Creative Commons as per HPL's expressed will (Even though he probably called it differently). But you are obviously totally correct on graphic design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to mention the hours of scanning he's not paying anyone for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thebaker1983 wrote:
ShadowKoneko wrote:

Might be a good idea to go and purchase the copyrighted material you're trying to copy.

your's truly: the law
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raine O'Shae
msg tools
mb
I have the game sillys, I just dont have a scanner. I can provide the serial number if you want
http://amzn.com/w/21C1AS9ELFZFG?tag=article-boardgamegeek-20 I got the main game but none of the expansions yet if you were curious.. >.>

Theres also already a bunch of boardgames in the Steam workshop for Tabletop Simulator, go check it out.
I often host games of Eldritch Horror [which I dont have] and Betrayal at House on the Hill [which I do have] mostly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ddrumss2112 Ddrumss2112
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ShadowKoneko wrote:
I have the game sillys, I just dont have a scanner. I can provide the serial number if you want
http://amzn.com/w/21C1AS9ELFZFG?tag=article-boardgamegeek-20 I got the main game but none of the expansions yet if you were curious.. >.>

Theres also already a bunch of boardgames in the Steam workshop for Tabletop Simulator, go check it out.
I often host games of Eldritch Horror [which I dont have] and Betrayal at House on the Hill [which I do have] mostly.

It doesn't matter if there are already a bunch of games in the steam workshop; in the end it would only hurt FFG. You yourself have just admitted you've hosted games you don't own, you've enjoyed Eldritch Horror without FFG receiving anything in return, which will eventually lead to them stop making expansions. Considering how already infrequent we get expansions & how much my group & I love this game there is a wide variety of vulgar terms I'd like to describe you with. Be an adult & don't help people cheat other people out of their hard earned money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raine O'Shae
msg tools
mb
Dunno why you are riding on a high horse thats already dead but nothing replaces the enjoyment of playing with the real thing, just some of us dont have others to play with in real life or simply cannot.
Think before you judge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Reynolds
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ShadowKoneko wrote:

What you're asking isn't legal, regardless of the fact you own the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ddrumss2112 Ddrumss2112
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ShadowKoneko wrote:
Dunno why you are riding on a high horse thats already dead but nothing replaces the enjoyment of playing with the real thing, just some of us dont have others to play with in real life or simply cannot.
Think before you judge.

Your inability to have friends that you can play with in real life is not FFG's fault, so they shouldn't suffer. If you need to play over long distance, skype it (or something similar) like everybody else. Creating a digital copy will undermine FFG's sales; even if you already own it there will be plenty of people who do not that will eventually abuse the digital copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
ShadowKoneko wrote:
Think before you judge.

I'm sorry you don't have friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.