Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If i upgrade or augment an item, does it simply allow you to choose an effect to use from amongst all the cards attached? Also, if you have a two hand item but then upgrade it with one hand item, is it now considered a one hand item, but you can still use the two hand effect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juraj Bilić
Croatia
Varazdin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Quote:
If i upgrade or augment an item, does it simply allow you to choose an effect to use from amongst all the cards attached?

Exactly. Bare in mind that weapon augment abilities apply their effect only to their augmented items.

Quote:
Also, if you have a two hand item but then upgrade it with one hand item, is it now considered a one hand item, but you can still use the two hand effect?

Suppose you have equipped a Pneumatic hammer (2 handed weapon), and you upgrade it with Blood-boost gun (1 handed weapon) - you use any active ability that you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, if the upgrade is augmented, the augment will not benefit the part of this that is not the upgrade card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juraj Bilić
Croatia
Varazdin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Quote:
So, if the upgrade is augmented, the augment will not benefit the part of this that is not the upgrade card.

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to ask.
Can you give me an example?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I mean if card a is upgraded by card b, and card c augments card b, you would not apply he benefits of card c to an activation of an ability on card a?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juraj Bilić
Croatia
Varazdin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Suppose you have equipped a Pneumatic hammer (2 handed weapon), and you upgrade it with Blood-boost gun (1 handed weapon).

Then you augment the Blood-boost gun with Stabilizing rail (Increase weapon's attack roll by 1).

When you attack with your gun, you have +1 on attack rolls, but NOT when you attack with Pneumatic hammer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miles Of Burgundy
msg tools
I'm probably just being obtuse but I'm still really confused about weapon upgrades.

Say I have a weapon, and I upgrade it by putting another weapon card on top (ensuring that the top symbol of the first card matches with the bottom symbol on the other).

As I understand it, I now have an upgraded weapon consisting of two cards. Each card will have its own attack ability, and I can choose one of these to activate when I use the weapon; i.e. I don't get to use both for just the stamina cost of one.

Assuming that's correct, in what way is this upgraded weapon any different than just having both weapons equipped individually? I don't understand what benefit the "upgrade" is giving me. Thematically it just seems like I've strapped two weapons together, which makes sense, but what's the advantage of doing that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juraj Bilić
Croatia
Varazdin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Quote:
in what way is this upgraded weapon any different than just having both weapons equipped individually? I don't understand what benefit the "upgrade" is giving me. Thematically it just seems like I've strapped two weapons together, which makes sense, but what's the advantage of doing that?

Suppose 2 cases:
a)
- you have a Penumatic hammer (two handed weapon), upgraded with a Blood-boost gun (one handed) - you may use any weapon you choose (even augment the gun with additional abilities), otherwise only one of those weapons could be equipped at the same time.

b)
- one hand: Shield, upgraded with a gun,
- second hand: Heavy javelin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miles Of Burgundy
msg tools
Ah - I see. I was missing the part about it freeing up one of hands. Makes sense - thanks for the quick reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.