Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Neels
Belgium
Brugge
West-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mb
Hi,

I have printed the prototype because i was to late to buy the pnp from kickstarter blush.

But when i look at screen shots of the official pnp. The food number of the cards seems so different ?

Is the official more balanced out ? or does it not really matter ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
The original PnP prototype is a great game, but the balance of the final cards set is better. The benefits of the final version are incremental, not transformational, so I wound't worry if I were you.

The final card set has Defensive Herding and Intelligence instead of Unstable DNA, Camouflage, and Good Eyesight.

The final set has 7 copies of 16 different trait cards and 17 copies of the Carnivore card (129 total cards). The original PnP prototype has 6 copies of 17 different trait cards and 15 copies of the Carnivore card (117 total cards). The extra cards allow for a better 6 player game.

The food distribution of the final set has a slightly greater range than what you'll find in the original PnP version. This increases the tactical options of the food play, leads to more surprises, and increases game play variety. It creates a game environment that is a little less stable and a little more dynamic.

But if you want the final art PnP files for $5, let me know and I'll work something out for you. Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
Training field technicians at trade school level
badge
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it."
mbmbmbmbmb
Would you be willing to share the latest food distribution, so we can just edit the PnP numbers? I guess it's also important to know which numbers go onto which cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Really man? Come on you know that's not fair to the backers or to North Star Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Reed
United States
Galloway
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wiet wrote:
Would you be willing to share the latest food distribution, so we can just edit the PnP numbers? I guess it's also important to know which numbers go onto which cards.

Dom just wrote that he would, if you'll get him the $5 that the other backers paid for that info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wiet wrote:

I would't mind releasing the food distribution numbers for free ($5 doesn't affect our financials in any meaningful way), but I don't want to be unfair to our backers. So if you want the updated PnP files, let me know by geekmail and we'll sell it to you for $5. Sorry for the bad news.

On the other hand, the free PnP files is a great game without any changes. So if you're tight on money, just play it as is. I doubt you'll be disappointing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
Training field technicians at trade school level
badge
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it."
mbmbmbmbmb
domcrap wrote:
I would't mind releasing the food distribution numbers for free ($5 doesn't affect our financials in any meaningful way), but I don't want to be unfair to our backers.

Perfectly understandable. I'm not that tight on money, just a little impatient

I think I'll take the opportunity to practice some patience, and I'll try and wait for the official release. Thanks though!

Edit: to be clear, I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I did not follow the kickstarter and am not aware of any promises made to the backers. I just fiddled around with the PnP files I found here on the geek.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pallid Pika
United States
Anderson
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
Hi, I wouldn't mind paying for a PnP file either- but was wondering if there are files for the original art with the revised cards/rules. The original ones simply use less ink

Any possibility?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Reed
United States
Galloway
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pallid Pika wrote:
Hi, I wouldn't mind paying for a PnP file either- but was wondering if there are files for the original art with the revised cards/rules. The original ones simply use less ink

Any possibility?

Aren't those available already at:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/155703/evolution#file...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pallid Pika
United States
Anderson
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
Yes, the original PnP, but aren't those the one without the newly revised cards (as in content, not just updated art?)? Or am I confused? yuk

I thought the new cards are only found in the paid PnP. I was inquiring about possible final cards but with original artwork.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pallid Pika wrote:
Yes, the original PnP, but aren't those the one without the newly revised cards (as in content, not just updated art?)? Or am I confused? yuk

I thought the new cards are only found in the paid PnP. I was inquiring about possible final cards but with original artwork.

No, we have not paid for a graphic artist to make the file you are asking for. You can either pay $5 for the final PnP file, or use the one on the BGG Evolution page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.