California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there,

I am deciding if I want to get the pdf rules, but I have a big question:

If I don't plan on playing with minatures then is there a point? I mean, does it bring any new rules that can be used with the general Ogre or G.E.V. game?

I guess I could always use the markers from Ogre in place of minis...but I wonder if it would then play just like Ogre. So would it be worth it for new rules, or would it be more of the same?

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I seem to recall that there is some "history" in the book not available in the hex and counter books along with some extra missile types and campaign rules. Only really necessary if you are a completist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Gotcha. The missle types sound interesting. For like an $10 pdf I might just get it to poke around with it. Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

There's lots of cool stuff in Ogre Miniatures, but none of it is Earth-shattering. There are rules for "archaic" armor, ie pre-BPC tanks, it describes emplaced weapons. There's some TOE stuff in the back. There's a timeline but I'm not sure how it's different than GURPS Ogre. There are a couple of sidebars on Ogres.

Normally I'd suggest keeping your eyes open for a cheap copy at a game con flea market or some such, but I never see OM laying around like that. If you love Ogre, OM is probably worth $10. GURPS Ogre is even more worthwhile for background material.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Andrew! I am going to keep an eye out for the book, because it looks like it is in color. I am not big on keeping pdfs just on the computer...so printing it will take a lot of ink or cost a lot.

I already got the Ogre Book and GURPS Ogre.Hopefully I can get my hands on a good copy of this soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teel Slike
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools

Even with the new Designer's Edition of OGRE I think the miniatures are still very cool and also look really great on the Designer's Edition game boards.

However in case anyone is interested in selling or trading any of their OGRE Miniatures, I am very interested in buying or trading for an Doppelsoldner Fencer OGRE, some Vulcan Engineering Drones and some New
Style Paneuropean Missiles for the Missile Crawler. I am willing to pay either top dollar or trade a OGRE Kickstarter Designer's Edition Set
for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.