Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: How about making Legendary Encounters Marvel? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I guess the Encounters Alien game is almost out, even though I've heard very little about it recently. I checked out the sub-forum this weekend and read the rulebook available there, and it seems like a pretty neat, bottom-up redesign of the game. Kind of like a "tower defense" game in board and card form. Go check it out!

I don't have any affinity for the Alien franchise, though, so I likely won't pick it up. So how about a Marvel-themed version?! Any of you variant experts up to the challenge?

I think a Marvel Secret Invasion Scenario Pack could work really well. Choose the Mighty Avengers, New Avengers or Thunderbolts and defend your base from waves of would-be conquerors! You could even fit in the "Traitor" and "Alien Player" modes.

Really I just love Marvel and want as many different ways to play as possible. So don't let Ridley have all the fun, let's see some Marvel Encounters!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jurn
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Well, I read the rules and I'm so hyped about it, I pre-ordered it already. It's everything Legendary does + more. The whole concept of facehuggers/chestbursters turning you into an Alien which have their own deck (!) and the traitor mode are just too good to pass up (bye bye Battlestar Galactica).

And the possibility to exchange marines with super heroes in Legendary Encounters or use aliens in the villain deck of Legendary while integrating the facehugger/chestburster rules is icing on the cake.

thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MoonSylver
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd been curious about this one, & any further entries into the "franchise" in terms of cross compatibility. Now you've got me curious as to "Aliens" as a stand alone product...

I will have to see how solo friendly it is & how many of the features (Traitor?) aren't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Johnson
United States
The Plains
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If the mechanics in this game are popular enough, I imagine you'll see them in the next big box for Legendary. I think LM is reaching a point where they'll need to add more than just new cards (e.g. play modes, mechanics, new board, etc.) The next time around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SuperMike3288 wrote:
I think LM is reaching a point where they'll need to add more than just new cards (e.g. play modes, mechanics, new board, etc.) The next time around.

Isn't that pretty much what they did with Villains?

I can't imagine Encounters ever replacing OG Legendary, but I could see it being a special add-on. Have the Alien team work on it and it could come out at a time when they most need to shut up the Heroes-only players. Or use it as the big box expansion one year, for variety.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bohm
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I'm telling you:

Legendary: Versus!

Some official format where you can play a team of Legendary Box A against a team of Legendary Box B.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.