Hide
7 Posts

Mahjong» Forums » General

Subject: Vietnamese modern set (176 tiles) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A P
msg tools
Does anyone know where I can find a modern Vietnamese mahjong set (176 tiles)? I've looked high and low online but can't seem to find anything. Interested in playing with more restricted 'joker' rules. Also like the larger tiles...

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kandrac
United States
Grand Prairie
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Like this one?

This is a Vietnamese set, at least it was marketed as one and has 160 tiles.

Gg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mbmbmb
If you're desperate, I can make you a set of the vietnamese tiles.

I have a pantograph machine and templates for the vietnamese tiles. To make them requires 16 blank tiles that match your current set, and you'll have to hand paint them yourself. When I get back from Paris (I'll be refereeing the World Riichi Championships), I'll take a picture of mine to show you what they look like. They really are indistinguishable from factory cut... considering the same style machine is used to make them.

=)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A P
msg tools
Hi Gg - Yes, similar to this one. This looks like a classic Vietnamese set (144 + 8 special flowers + 8 special jokers = 160 tiles). I'm specifically looking for a modern Vietnamese set (144 + 8 special flowers + [8 special jokers x 3] = 176 tiles). Where did you find the one in the picture?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A P
msg tools
Thanks, SDMiller! I would love to see what they look like. Btw, I had to look up what a pantograph machine was... very cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kandrac
United States
Grand Prairie
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aarjpon wrote:
Hi Gg - Yes, similar to this one. This looks like a classic Vietnamese set (144 + 8 special flowers + 8 special jokers = 160 tiles). I'm specifically looking for a modern Vietnamese set (144 + 8 special flowers + [8 special jokers x 3] = 176 tiles). Where did you find the one in the picture?

This set was obtained from Yellow Mountain Imports about four years ago. I haven't seen it offered anywhere since, and it is for sale or trade.

Gg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A P
msg tools
Gamegrunt wrote:
aarjpon wrote:

This set was obtained from Yellow Mountain Imports about four years ago. I haven't seen it since, and it is for sale or trade.

Gg

Thanks, Gg. What color are the backs? I might be interested in this set... I will PM for details.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.