Stephen Brophy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want to check that I am playing this correctly. If I draw a Character event on say turn 3, which states that it can't be played before turn 12, I believe the card remains in my hand until turn 12 when it will be deployed if the required conditions can be met and I have no other card I can deploy at that time?

The only exception is if I draw this same card on turn 3 and one of the required characters is dead, then I discard it and draw a new one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forty One
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that's how I've played it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Quadros
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I ve been playing is this: if a character event card cannot be played due to turn entry restrictions (such as you mentioned) or because the exact conditions (characters occupying a specific location or being together, or somesuch other presently unfulfilled condition) are voluntary and haven't occurred, then the card is in play but cannot be deployed, it has to wait for the preconditions to occurr.

If the event can no longer ocurr during the game, such as a character involved is already dead, then the card is discarded from the game and you draw a new event card.

For me one of the most interesting and tense mechanics of the game is the managment of these events because you can have several in play but undeployed and you tend to deploy the ones that are beneficial to you but sometimes you are faced with a situation where you dont have beneficial events deployable and you start to think that, unless a good event draw occurs next turn, then something very nasty is about to happen, since the bad events tend to have easier or mandatory deploy conditions and sooner or later they will be the ones you simply will be forced to deploy, usually at a critical moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.