Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Galaxy Defenders» Forums » Rules

Subject: Sally/Sunny rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris S.
msg tools
Under Sally/Sunny in the storybook, it reads:

"The attack is performed with the Sally/Sunny stats following standard combat rules."

My questions are:

1. Can they jam? If so, do I spend an action + (movement or combat) to unjam with whoever is in the seat hex?
2. Do I discard an ammo to use the area damage or do they always inflict area damage? Do I lose ammo on an ammo die result? Do they run out of ammo?

I ask just because of that statement in the storybook about their combat rules. Can effect the way they are used if they act like combat with a typical agent weapon or more akin to the biotech's drones.

I also have a follow up question regarding ammo:

3. If I choose to discard an ammo for area damage (the marine for example) and I roll an ammo result, do I still lose another ammo, or does it work like the ammo result of the hulk at this point, aka ignored?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just played a mission using Sally this weekend.

1. I do not know if they can Jam - I had the same question but it never came up for us so it wasn't a big deal. I would assume that it could jam as normal unless we hear otherwise.

2. We discarded ammo to use area damage. Treated it just like the Marines primary weapon basically.

3. Anytime you have already discarded ammo for an effect you won't lose ammo when its rolled. You only lose ammo if you haven't used an optional effect and roll it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
friendlygamer wrote:

1. Can they jam? If so, do I spend an action + (movement or combat) to unjam with whoever is in the seat hex?


The rules say "they can be used as a weapon," so I have been playing that they are treated as a normal weapon, a.k.a. they can jam and be unjammed like any other weapon.

Quote:
2. Do I discard an ammo to use the area damage or do they always inflict area damage? Do I lose ammo on an ammo die result? Do they run out of ammo?


They always do area damage. If you look at their tokens, there is a dot between the ammo icon (which just indicates they get "X ammo," i.e. a variable amount of ammo depending on the mission) and the area damage text. Area damage is not dependent on discarding an ammo, just like the Hulk's weapon.

Quote:
3. If I choose to discard an ammo for area damage (the marine for example) and I roll an ammo result, do I still lose another ammo, or does it work like the ammo result of the hulk at this point, aka ignored?


You can only be forced to discard 1 ammo per attack, period. You may choose to discard additional ammo, e.g. for more hits with the Hulk's weapon.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris S.
msg tools
Thanks for the quick replies. Much appreciated.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AI Palm
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am playing it the same way as kittenhoarder with jam and unjam. In addition i add effects to it if i have devices, tactics or skills that can be used with weapons.

Don't know if that is correct, but I am basically treating it as any other weapon for the agents, but they can't move it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
aipalm wrote:
I am playing it the same way as kittenhoarder with jam and unjam. In addition i add effects to it if i have devices, tactics or skills that can be used with weapons.

Don't know if that is correct, but I am basically treating it as any other weapon for the agents, but they can't move it.


Hi agents,

Your usage is totally correct! cool

p.s.= Thanks also to Agent Byron for his help.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.