9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: Game Box Icons rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven
United States
flag msg tools
Someone recently asked about icons for; number of players, time it takes to play, and age range for the outside of a game box. Here are some that I created. Here is the link for those that might find it useful:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5KHx3AwBVBKdEhLLTFB...

Not sure if this is the right forum or even the best way to make the files available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Santiago Pérez-Bergquist
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also Daniel Solis's project to create a large set of Creative-Commons-licensed game icons: http://www.patreon.com/danielsolis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SAFexpressions wrote:
Someone recently asked about icons for; number of players, time it takes to play, and age range for the outside of a game box. Here are some that I created.

That's pretty cool of you!

Considering that the 2014 solo design contest is currently running, you may want to consider a number-of-players with just a '1' in, though. ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
flag msg tools
Icon for one player game added. Thanks for the heads up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harper
United Kingdom
Wantage
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good work, thanks for sharing.

Could you be explicit about a license, please? As you're sharing it's clear that you want people to be able to use them, but it's important to know what the terms are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
flag msg tools
They are free for others to use. I looked up the Common Creative license thing. So, to make sure others know it's okay to use them there is this:

I just wanted to create some icons because someone on a BGG forum (back in April I think) was looking for some and couldn't find any. I knocked these out in less than an afternoon. So if someone uses them and gives me credit for it I'm cool with that. Hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Goodwin
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 6 types of CC license; you can see them all listed here: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/. The most accommodating one is "CC BY" which only requires attribution. People will be more likely to use your icons if you're explicit about which license your work is released under.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
flag msg tools
Thanks. Went to the site. Result? CC BY
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harper
United Kingdom
Wantage
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent. You should probably say how you would like to be credited (unless you just want your BGG username used).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.