Subject: Change of weather rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I play a weather card, do I move my car first or do I change the weather first?
Rather important if I'm on hard or soft tyres and wants to change the weather to intermediate. And perhaps let the rest of the pack on hard or soft get the -1 MP.
Or can this only be avoided at a pitstop where I play the weather card, change the weather, change the tyres and move?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Wan
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You change the weather (and resolve any other events) first, and then move. See the turn sequence on page 6 of the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Hanning
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
We will meet at the Hour of Scampering.
mbmbmbmbmb
netwilk wrote:
You change the weather (and resolve any other events) first, and then move. See the turn sequence on page 6 of the rules.

Nothing on page 6 leads to that conclusion. On the contrary, the individual turn order on page 6 says:

3. Play individual game turns in the active section. Each individual turn consists of:
- Pit-stop (optional)
- Draw 1-2 cards
- Play 1-2 cards (optional)
- Pay resources, perform checks and resolve events (the latter only in the advanced game)

On page 7 it states that any action listed on a card takes place when the card is played, but movement also occurs when the card is played. The rules further state that if two cards are played that both have checks, the checks can be performed in any order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
mbmbmbmbmb
It's pretty clear on page 6 you resolve the card, then move the car. Top left from memory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Wan
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarrellKH wrote:
netwilk wrote:

Nothing on page 6 leads to that conclusion. On the contrary, the individual turn order on page 6 says:

3. Play individual game turns in the active section. Each individual turn consists of:
- Pit-stop (optional)
- Draw 1-2 cards
- Pay resources, perform checks and resolve events (the latter only in the advanced game)

On page 7 it states that any action listed on a card takes place when the card is played, but movement also occurs when the card is played. The rules further state that if two cards are played that both have checks, the checks can be performed in any order.

You forgot the final step of the individual turn sequence on page 6:
- Pit-stop (optional)
- Draw 1-2 cards
- Move the car

Also, from the rules on page 7:

In the Basic Game all cards used are Race Cards only. Several actions are displayed on the right side bar of each card and these take place when the card is played in the following order:
- Pay any resource required (tyre chips, cards, damages)
- Perform one or more checks
- Draw additional cards
- Trigger an event like a weather change or a flag (only in the Advanced Game)

After performing all the actions required by the cards, the player can move his car...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Hanning
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
We will meet at the Hour of Scampering.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops. My mistake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.