Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Rice
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Everyone....I'm hoping someone can help me with the EXACT contents of the Deluxe Edition box. For clarity's sake, here is the box I'm refering to:

I picked up this box in an auction recently, and there honestly seems to be more stuff in it then should be there (lucky me). After going through the different editions, I then wanted to figure out where the extra counters, pages, etc. came from, while keeping the original contents in the original box. (For example, I'm pretty sure the boat record sheets did not come from this box originally.)

So...what I need is this...an exact listing of the box contents (how many of each counter, which road sections and how many, which rulebook, which record sheet and how many of each, etc.)

Any help would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks for looking!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hostman
United States
Alsea
OR
flag msg tools
designer
I've been Banished to Oregon... Gaming in Corvallis, living in Alsea... Need gamers willing to try new things...
badge
The Splattered Imperium
mbmbmbmbmb
There are at least 3 versions of the deluxe box... all with the same cover.
One with the White Deluxe rulebook
One with the 1st edition Compendium
One with the 2nd edition Compendium
There may be a version with the second printing of the 2E compendium.

Specific counter mix varies.
White Rulebook had the original countersheets from Car Wars, Truck Stop, and Sunday Drivers/Crash City.
Compendium 1 version added the countersheets from Boat Wars and Dueltrack.

So, Which rulebook is in it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Spears
United States
Athens
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
My version also came with a random issue of Autoduel Quarterly included (no idea which one, but at the time it was a back issue that I managed to not already have).

Jeffr0 over on the SJ Car Wars forums has a fairly encyclopedic knowledge of Car Wars if you end up wandering over there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Rice
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your responses....here is what I have:

The rulebook is the white 64-page rulebook if that helps to narrow it down. And there was no issue of ADQ in the box, although that doesn't mean that there wasn't one in there originally. There is also a fold-out map for Truck Stop and a fold-out map for Crash City. There is one loaded bag of color counters, four turning keys, and many different road-sections, along with the vehicle record sheets.

I'm not sure what is supposed to go with the box originally and which ones were gathered later, and also if the box is missing anything that should be there (the ADQ notwithstanding).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hostman
United States
Alsea
OR
flag msg tools
designer
I've been Banished to Oregon... Gaming in Corvallis, living in Alsea... Need gamers willing to try new things...
badge
The Splattered Imperium
mbmbmbmbmb
It would have come with one turning key.
it sounds reasonably complete.
Mine didn't come with an ADQ, but I also consolidated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine came with

A "Read this First!" pamphlet describing what is in the box.

Jump Start Rules - 4 pages

Compendium 2nd ed

3 sheets of 4" x 7" counters - Sheet #1 is 16 cars, 6 cycles, oilslicks, smoke clouds, paint clouds, 6 spike counters, 4 mines, 6 pedestrians, lots of wrecks and debris, speed markers. Sheet 2 is pedestrians, police, ambulance, chains, etc. Sheet 3 is rigs, trucks, busses, etc.

3 sheets of road sections that also include some more counters.

3 maps. A two part map of Midville, and Truck Stop

4 page Scenario booklet.

And 10$ worth of extras.

Mine came with

ADQ 10/3

Reference Screen

1 Boat Wars counter sheet.
3 Boat Wars Maps

And an advert flyer for Illuminanti.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I realized that the stuff varied in each box I bought three of them and gathered a lot of things......time ago.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Pratt
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going off of memory here, but the edition with the Deluxe Car Wars rule book should be relatively close to this...

* Deluxe Car Wars rulebook (the white cover)
* 3 small counter sheets the size of the pocket box (identical to the ones from Car Wars, Sunday Drivers/Crash City, and Truck Stop). These were in a ziplock bag if I recall.
* Three map sheets (Truck Stop plus two sheets of Midville)
* Several sheets of road sections. I want to say 3 or 4. There were 2 turn keys on one of the sheets. There was also an assortment of greyscale counters on the sheets (with stuff like trikes, ten-wheelers, trailers, obstacles, mines, and spikes) too.
* Usually a few ad fliers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cherry
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
Obligitory Smart-Ass Comment Here
badge
Shhhhhhhh!
Magesmiley wrote:
I'm going off of memory here, but the edition with the Deluxe Car Wars rule book should be relatively close to this...

* Deluxe Car Wars rulebook (the white cover)
* 3 small counter sheets the size of the pocket box (identical to the ones from Car Wars, Sunday Drivers/Crash City, and Truck Stop). These were in a ziplock bag if I recall.
* Three map sheets (Truck Stop plus two sheets of Midville)
* Several sheets of road sections. I want to say 3 or 4. There were 2 turn keys on one of the sheets. There was also an assortment of greyscale counters on the sheets (with stuff like trikes, ten-wheelers, trailers, obstacles, mines, and spikes) too.
* Usually a few ad fliers.

Yeah, this is what I got.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.