Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris D
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all! I'm going to my first major tournament soon, and have been scrambling to refine my deck. This is the current state of the build, but I am certainly looking for as much feedback and advice as I can get.

Harmony Medtech: Biomedical Pioneer (Honor and Profit)

Agenda (6)
3x Priority Requisition (Core Set)
3x The Future Perfect (Honor and Profit)

Asset (7)
2x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) ··
3x Mental Health Clinic (Honor and Profit)
2x Shi.Kyū (Honor and Profit)

Upgrade (5)
3x Caprice Nisei (Double Time)
2x Corporate Troubleshooter (Core Set) ··

Operation (10)
1x Closed Accounts (Core Set) ·
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
3x Medical Research Fundraiser (Honor and Profit)
3x Restructure (Second Thoughts)

ICE (16)
3x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof) ···
2x Komainu (Honor and Profit)
2x Pup (Honor and Profit)
2x Susanoo-No-Mikoto (Honor and Profit)
2x Tollbooth (Core Set) ····
2x Tsurugi (True Colors)
1x Wall of Thorns (Core Set)
2x Yagura (Fear and Loathing)

Cards in deck: 44 (min 40)
12/12 influence used
Agenda Points: 18
Cards up to Honor and Profit

Deck built with Net Deck

Nothing too revolutionary. I've seen plenty of similar lists going around. I guess the weird things in here are only 2 ShiKyus, the one of Closed Accounts, and Corperate Trouble shooter (instead of ash which I see a lot). Closed accounts is to help create a scoring window if they're floating tags. And, if they see it, hopefully slow them down clearing those tags. CTS is there over Ash because Otis less influence, and keeps the strength up until end of turn. So unless they make lots of money fast, they are locked out. I also like it to helps protect against big money runners that rely on datasucker with fixed strength breakers. Even if they have all the money in the world, I can just pay them out of breaking through if they don't have enough counters.

Thought? help? Ideas? Everything is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
mbmbmbmbmb
With your ice makeup, x2 Corporate Troubleshooter, and x3 Caprice, it seems as if you are going for a taxing build. However, Medical Research Fundraiser undercuts this pretty hard. Also, I would take out 1 Susanoo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United Kingdom
Oxford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
Brofist
badge
I have eaten the plums that were in the icebox
mbmbmbmbmb
I play a similar deck, Harmony MedTech rocks.

I'll echo what Zeb wrote concerning Medical Fundraiser. Consider swapping them out for Celebrity Gift: showing off a handful of ICE and a Shi-Kyu to earn 7 credits is awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zebadiah wrote:
With your ice makeup, x2 Corporate Troubleshooter, and x3 Caprice, it seems as if you are going for a taxing build. However, Medical Research Fundraiser undercuts this pretty hard. Also, I would take out 1 Susanoo.

This makes sense. Originally I was running celebrity gifts and took them out for the restructures. I really hated giving away info. But this is valid, and showing them ice is certainly preferable to giving them cash.

Do you think showing them what I have will work against the taxing idea at all? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palpster
Netherlands
Nunspeet
Gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my experience Tollbooths just get Femme'd....every single time. Have you considered running Hive instead? It's quite taxing and even after you reach matchpoint by scoring your first agenda it will still be a str 3 ice with 2 ETR subs....more vulnerable to parasite though, there is that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Palpster wrote:
In my experience Tollbooths just get Femme'd....every single time. Have you considered running Hive instead? It's quite taxing and even after you reach matchpoint by scoring your first agenda it will still be a str 3 ice with 2 ETR subs....more vulnerable to parasite though, there is that.

I actually was running HIVE for a while, probably about 15 games with this build. I took them out to put in the two troubleshooters, closed accounts, and a third Eli. It was definitely good in theory. However, I found myself pitching them if I didn't get them down before scoring my first agenda. It is super taxing when used, but I probably only played them in 2 of those 15 games. If I had the influence I'd put in 3, but it just wasn't consistently pulling its weight. I'm taking this deck to a meet up tonight. If the trouble shooters prove ineffective, I might throw the hives back in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
and thanks everyone for feedback! this is all very helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.