Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arthur Rutyna
United States
Plymouth
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just from a quick look at some reviews seems very similar to New Era mechanics / game play (which I like quite a bit). Does it bring anything new to the table to warrant a possible purchase? I'm assuming there will be other Civs available as future expansions???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Neo_1 wrote:
Just from a quick look at some reviews seems very similar to New Era mechanics / game play (which I like quite a bit). Does it bring anything new to the table to warrant a possible purchase? I'm assuming there will be other Civs available as future expansions???

That's not a coincidence that it seems "very similar". You will want to read this blog entry
Forbidden desert? Not anymore.
Essentially "inspired by" but with a very different game design philosophy, with an emphasis on freedom and flexibility rather than restriction.

Still, would be interesting to hear from those who have played both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomáš Přibyl
Czech Republic
Praha
Prague
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you'll be able to play Imperial Settlers with more people, kids, casual gamers etc. 51st State line of games will be for more interested players and pos-apocalyptic theme fans. That's exactly why I'll buy Imperial Settlers (Essen or sooner?) even though I have everything from 51st State including Ruins.

It's similar game but I will play both with completely different people - example: my girlfriend don't like 51st State for its' grimm theme but she's willing to play Imperial Settlers because the theme reminds her games like 7 Wonders where you're building your empire and it doesn't look so aggressive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Leoncavallo
United States
Rockland
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New Era is one of my top 3 games, love it. But I think Imperial Settlers will be more accessible to most due to the theme and more freedom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Kruczek
Poland
Legnica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Neo_1 wrote:
Does it bring anything new to the table to warrant a possible purchase?

Yes. I agree with Thales01 on his comment.

Thales01 wrote:
I think you'll be able to play Imperial Settlers with more people, kids, casual gamers etc. 51st State line of games will be for more interested players and pos-apocalyptic theme fans. That's exactly why I'll buy Imperial Settlers (Essen or sooner?) even though I have everything from 51st State including Ruins.

It's similar game but I will play both with completely different people - example: my girlfriend don't like 51st State for its' grimm theme but she's willing to play Imperial Settlers because the theme reminds her games like 7 Wonders where you're building your empire and it doesn't look so aggressive.

with a small exception - I won't be buying Imperial Settlers soon.

Question from thread subject is sligtly different:
Neo_1 wrote:
Do I need this if I own 'New Era'?

Maybe... But there is no NEED, unless some of Thales01's arguments concern you.

I have 51th State,New Era with all expansions and promos, and I haven't played it enough yet. And according to my New Year's resolution - I won't buy next game which falls under Johnson Theory(i.e. duplicates another game gameplay) before getting rid of already owned game.
But 51 State system now is superior in total card number and portability and I really don't have anything against the theme. So I don't NEED Imperial Settlers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antoine Rottiers
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I read, this looks a bit like Vinci turning into Swall World.

Eager to get this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrigo Alvarez
Spain
Gijon
Asturias
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
antoinedebruxelles wrote:

Good example.

I am still waiting for the hardcore version of Vinci. Maybe it already exists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Harper
United States
Rochester
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Papipo wrote:
antoinedebruxelles wrote:

Good example.

I am still waiting for the hardcore version of Vinci. Maybe it already exists.

You can play Vinci on yucata.de

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrigo Alvarez
Spain
Gijon
Asturias
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
holyguano wrote:

You can play Vinci on yucata.de

I said "hardcore", not... hardware... or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.