Subject: Best Playthrough rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Calvin Baker
United States
Carlsbad
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Hey-You Looked! Been on BGG for a couple years and just getting around to this...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have had trouble working through this game- each time I get it out to play I read the rules and watch some play through videos.
The quick and easy decision is to watch the ones put out by Fantasy Flight. But they are so general they don't answer all the questions I have.
I do solo this only.
Suggestions for video walkthrough?

My first question, is it possible to have 2 opponents/enemies against your characters?

Cal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wheal
United States
Kosse
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Youtube... Lotr Progression series...

I'll edit a link when I get home, if you can't find it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hindmarch
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Yes, that's possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Dove
United States
Las Animas
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I learned with the "watch it played" series. I sat down in front of the TV and played the same scenario as Rodney, although I was playing a different deck. I did the setup and then slowly went through the playthrough, pausing when necessary to take care of the steps myself.

After that I played the same scenario a few more times without the video.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Calin
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
badge
Stop it!
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96fhhSwrjIDZaJCY_rqFsg

The Tenth Nazgul, Progression series, like Michael just said. They are just great, I really enjoy watching them play, and they really don't miss any rules (mark them in notes if they do, but it's really rare). They helped me a lot to clarify certain scenarios and get back into the game fast.

From what I've heard, they don't do plays anymore, but you should be covered for awhile at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Smith
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
Join us to learn and watch games played at youtube.com/watchitplayed
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr_Dove wrote:
I learned with the "watch it played" series. I sat down in front of the TV and played the same scenario as Rodney, although I was playing a different deck. I did the setup and then slowly went through the playthrough, pausing when necessary to take care of the steps myself.

After that I played the same scenario a few more times without the video.

This is the Watch It Played series: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7691E24FD7613341

There is an instructional video and then full play through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
secoAce -
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CRB31 wrote:
My first question, is it possible to have 2 opponents/enemies against your characters?

"Opponents" as in other players, no. This is a cooperative game where all players play against the game's enemies, not against each other.

Enemies, yes, it's possible to have multiple enemies engaged against you, but each engaged enemy individually attacks your characters, and likewise, your characters attack each engaged enemy one at a time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CRB31 wrote:

Yes. You can have any number of enemies in the staging area and/or engaged with you. All enemies will get their individual attack before any of your (non-exhausted) characters (heroes or allies) get their return attack.

Remember: 1) You can group your attacks (more than one character attacking a single enemy). 2) You can also take an attack undefended, trading taking full damage for the opportunity to counter-attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Baker
United States
Carlsbad
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Hey-You Looked! Been on BGG for a couple years and just getting around to this...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks All!
I appreciate the answers and the connections with the videos.
Cal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.