Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D James
United Kingdom
Cheltenham
Glos
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My Big Box arrived today. Having punched all the chits and opened the cards, I'm putting everything back in the box but struggling to organise it sensibly. Under the large space where all the map tiles go there are several recesses that look like they're intended to store bits, but nothing seems like an obvious fit. Can anyone advise what should go here so I can get the lid on my box please!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian K
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are step by step box loading instructions with pictures in one of the Kickstarter updates. See update #3 of the Kingdom Builder Big Box Kickstarter Edition project page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D James
United Kingdom
Cheltenham
Glos
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, that's really helpful!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oliblish wrote:
Thanks, that's really helpful!

And kind of comical that it's needed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Clegg
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice fit but doesn't look very practical. I put my chits in a GMT counter tray and I can find the location tiles for any map board in about four seconds. I don't know if it would fit in the big box though. Probably not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Johns
United States
Huntersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
moramis wrote:
Nice fit but doesn't look very practical. I put my chits in a GMT counter tray and I can find the location tiles for any map board in about four seconds. I don't know if it would fit in the big box though. Probably not.

what is the dimensions of this tray? I just got mine in the mail Friday and am looking for a way to store all the chits, as they don't all fit into that slot the pictures in the kickstarter shows. There is some open space above everything but would need to know the dimensions to know of that tray would fit.
will open and remeasure mine, though I have the extra rulebooks and cards for French,German, etc languages stored under the tray, which will have to move out to make full use of the above room.

**EDIT**

there is just shy of 3/4 inch available between the insert and the top of the box bottom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Johns
United States
Huntersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
most sites that carry the GMT counter trays show dimensions to be 1 in thick, which wouldn't git in the big box. there is a counter tray that is approx .6in deep, which should fit, so I ordered it off amazon and will report back to see if it worked. if not, I'm out $6, but I'll probably find another use for it. this is my only problem with the game, you can't see the location tiles unless using trays like this. figured out all location tiles DO fit if you remove the Nomad tiles and put those wlsewhere. right now, I'm hoping the UGG counter tray works

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Johns
United States
Huntersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, bought the UGG 20 space Counter Tray from Amazon, 1.99 ish plus shipping, came to around $6. fits all location tiles, but not the 15 nomad tiles, though. All tiles are stacked two deep and two stacks per tray slot, so there are 4 leftover slots. The thickness is .6in, but the space between the insert and the box top was .75 (that's with storing the rulebooks and other language cards under the tray, so it fits perfectly. Now, I can see all the location tiles at a glance during setup and it fits snugly in the box. not a bad buy for $6, but most of that was shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Is it just me, or are the wells in the insert designed to fit unpunched promos?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
apotheos wrote:
Is it just me, or are the wells in the insert designed to fit unpunched promos?

Yes. Yes they were. What the hell Queen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Harrison
United States
Beavercreek
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
moramis wrote:
I put my chits in a GMT counter tray and I can find the location tiles for any map board in about four seconds. I don't know if it would fit in the big box though. Probably not.

My big box arrived yesterday and I can confirm there is enough room for a GMT tray on top. If you were really OCD you could trim the edges of two trays and fit them side by side so you could have one token type per bin, but I didn't feel the need to do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spiderM9 wrote:
There are step by step box loading instructions with pictures in one of the Kickstarter updates. See update #3 of the Kingdom Builder Big Box Kickstarter Edition project page.
Too bad all the location tiles don't actually fit in that smallish tray. I chose to leave out the Nomad tent tiles. Eesh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Any chance those of you who have used the counter trays could post a picture? It sounds like a great idea and I'm just trying to get a better sense of the organization.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.