Subject: Buying Gaming Materials rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leif Mann
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knew of an online retailer that carries clear plastic cases (non-hinged, but two pieces that come together to enclose playing cards) that standard decks of playing cards sometimes come in. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spielmaterial.de
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holger Doessing
Denmark
Odense
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
enoon wrote:
spielmaterial.de

Those cases are slightly cloudy and made from a soft-ish plastic. They do come in a variety of sizes, though: www.spielematerial.de/en/game-components/playing-cards.html

Printerstudio has nice, clear hard plastic cases, but they don't close so tightly: http://www.printerstudio.com/personalized/playing-cards-plas...

I personally use the cases from Spielmaterial because they are so versatile, but if you're looking to impress, go with the PS deck boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leif Mann
United States
California
flag msg tools
Thank you. This, http://www.spielematerial.de/en/game-components/playing-card..., is exactly what I was looking for.

However, do you know of a US based seller that would carry something similar? International shipping is a bit steep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leif Mann
United States
California
flag msg tools
Oh, fantastic, you answered my question as I asked it.
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

These folks
re-sell a lot of spielmaterial stuff in the UK, and might ship to the US*. One or two of the card boxes they sell don't come from spielmaterial and are in useful sizes. They are a bit more resilient than the brittle crystal clear boxes in my experience.

The £/$ exchange rate is not in your favour right now though.

Depending on how many you want, shipping 454g (1lb) to the US from the UK is £7.45 (no tracking, insurance to £20). Shipping 1kg to the US surface freight (no tracking, insurance to £20) is £8. I don't know what BGE will charge in the way or mark-up on shipping, if anything*.

*You get a rebate of 20% VAT on export, but then they charge you 20% admin fee for doing very little extra admin and a bit of extra paperwork, which is a bit OTT in my mind.

I'd be very surprised though if you couldn't find something better & cheaper in the US, even though these seem to be exactly what you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Estep
United States
Morehead
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
LexiCon ... April 20-22, Lexington, KY www.lexicongaming.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Just search Amazon and Ebay. I prefer the hinged cases but I've seen the 2-piece cases while searching for them.

Here is an example from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/2-Piece-PLASTIC-STORAGE-Sports-Gaming/...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.