J. H. Horatio
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
The Future is a Game
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hearing unconfirmed reports that the Uncanny set is pushed back to October 22nd. WizKids...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NOOOO!!! THIS CAN'T BE!!! AAAGGHH!!!

Nope.
I can't even pretend to be surprised.

Oh well. This gives me more time to keep playing BattleCON and Mage Wars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still naively crossing my fingers and hoping its not true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
Well it gives more folks a chance to get an AvX starter and more stores a chance to run the AvX OP events before Uncanny hits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Varishna Khisanth
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully it isn't delayed, but if so, no biggie. Doomtown should be out shortly anyway. That will be enough to keep me occupied until the end of Oct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Schulz
United States
Hillsboro
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Signs are definitely pointing to it being delayed. I'm a little happy that I didn't part with my cash on a preorder from CSI or something since they take the money when you place the order. I mean I'll have to wait, but I'm okay with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave M
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jhoratio wrote:
I'm hearing unconfirmed reports that the Uncanny set is pushed back to October 22nd. WizKids...

I'm not shocked and in fact probably won't mind if it means that this gives everyone the time to catch up on OPS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Galietta III
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seriously? Why post "unconfirmed reports" without some kind of back-up? I could just as easily go on here and post "I'm hearing unconfirmed reports that Uncanny and D&D dicemasters are shipping next week" with the same amount of authority.

Don't bring up rumors like this until there is some kind of evidence, all it does is breed more rumors and does no one any good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stryyder wrote:
Seriously? Why post "unconfirmed reports" without some kind of back-up?

Because even if he just made it up, it's still more likely to be true than not...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Schulz
United States
Hillsboro
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Look at preorders on CSI. The date changed. Is that enough back up detail for you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. H. Horatio
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
The Future is a Game
mbmbmbmbmb
Stryyder wrote:
I'm hearing unconfirmed reports that Uncanny and D&D dicemasters are shipping next week

I suppose you could do that, but it would be utterly false.

Whereas I actually did hear reports from store owners that their ship dates were pushed back. I actually did hear the reports (as in: didn't make them up), but I just didn't actually confirm or corroborate them with any 3rd party source (meaning I didn't call WizKids or hear from any other store owners). I was sort of hoping that my BGG brethren might help out with that part.

And I love Rumors

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumours_(album)[/url]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J T
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Indianapolis Gamer
badge
Indy Rogue Squadron
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Quacko wrote:
Look at preorders on CSI. The date changed. Is that enough back up detail for you?

Not necessarily. Could be that CSI has filled pre-orders for Wave 1 and is now taking orders for Wave 2, or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NaptownMVP wrote:
Mr Quacko wrote:

Not necessarily. Could be that CSI has filled pre-orders for Wave 1 and is now taking orders for Wave 2, or something.

As much as I want to believe that, Unfortunately this is exactly how they dealt with all the push backs with AvX.

But i guess i can dream it will be coming in a little over a month

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Barth
msg tools
mbmbmb
My retailer let me know that they received a date change notification from Alliance. Also mentioning Oct 22.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. H. Horatio
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
The Future is a Game
mbmbmbmbmb
nbperp wrote:
My retailer let me know that they received a date change notification from Alliance. Also mentioning Oct 22.

Well, now we have a corroborating report so I'd be shocked if this wasn't the new date (that will also probably be pushed back).

They are probably still near capacity with their current set and a switch over to Uncanny would require them to stop making (or seriously dialing back) AvX. Thus they haven't done that yet and thus haven't started Uncanny in time.

^ now there's your pure conjecture for you...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Warrender
United States
Rockaway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As excited as I am for the set, I just didn't understand why they'd want to put it so soon after the base game anyway.

Let's say the game wasn't the runaway-impossible to find hit it has become, but still sold pretty decent. Wouldn't you want to ride that wave through your first OP, then hit people with a 2nd set and new OP cycle to get them re-energized?

I didn't go to school for business / marketing, so perhaps I'm way off.

But it won't surprise me either when D&D gets pushed back to 2015, and Yugioh to 2016, and DC to never. (jk)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stacie Winters
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really just think it's because WizKids isn't used to having a game that's in such demand. They are used to Heroclix type demand, not real demand for their products.

This is the one game line of theirs that has high demand and I think they don't know how to handle it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. H. Horatio
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
The Future is a Game
mbmbmbmbmb
MirrorsNight wrote:
I really just think it's because WizKids isn't used to having a game that's in such demand. They are used to Heroclix type demand, not real demand for their products.

This is the one game line of theirs that has high demand and I think they don't know how to handle it.

They might start by adding Dicemasters to their web-based event system. WizKids...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Kraack
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Dicemasters is already in the Wizkids Event System ...

delay of Uncanny is confirmed to my store, release date went from September 3 to October 22

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shawn ely
msg tools
bitraven wrote:
Dicemasters is already in the Wizkids Event System ...

delay of Uncanny is confirmed to my store, release date went from September 3 to October 22

Its not on the drop down. Quarriors is, but not DM. To be able to filter would be great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Wertz
United States
Souderton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jhoratio wrote:

They might start by adding Dicemasters to their web-based event system. WizKids...

It's in there, but you have to search by "all" events. Even when I did that, however, I had to keep expanding my search area until I finally found an event ... 30 miles away. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stacie Winters
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think they should have any official Dice Masters Events until they can get their game in regular distribution without any shortages of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Judnick
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
7 weeks? That seems like a long time, but maybe not in board game development terms.

This does make sense though, as the HUGE wave of AVX stuff is slated to come out the last week in August or first week in September.

This also benefits stores trying to run the OP events, as it kind of lets stores that are behind play catch up.

As far as the event system goes, dice masters shows up when you do a search that encompasses everything they offer, but there is no specific drop down menu option for it (which can't take that much effort to create on the website).

And it is a huge bummer when you pre-order right away, include something else to get free shipping, and then have to wait months for all of the product, when you know half of your purchase is sitting in a warehouse and could be unboxed and played in less than a week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark King
United Kingdom
Hemel Hempstead
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't think they should be releasing an expansion given the number of people who can't even get hold of the base game.

There are plenty of people in America not able to get hold of this game let alone the rest of the world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maximus
msg tools
Teorino wrote:
I don't think they should be releasing an expansion given the number of people who can't even get hold of the base game.

There are plenty of people in America not able to get hold of this game let alone the rest of the world.

Which is why they're doing a reprint of AvX before that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.