Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Hello.
badge
Welcome to my secret message.
mbmbmbmbmb
The concept sketches for the cover of IHZ are in, so in true BGG fashion, we wanted to see what the crowd thought! Vote for your favorite!

Poll
Which is your favorite cover of the 6 choices?
      301 answers
Poll created by chaddyboy_2000

Concept #1

Concept #2

Concept #3

Concept #4

Concept #5

Concept #6
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Forrest
Australia
Embleton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
#1 with #5 in close second.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji T
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why can't women hate zombies too? Looks like all of the haters are men.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Hello.
badge
Welcome to my secret message.
mbmbmbmbmb
benjamintham wrote:

About half the characters in the game are women (and not helpless ones that need saving), so I think we've got it covered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji T
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
benjamintham wrote:

About half the characters in the game are women (and not helpless ones that need saving), so I think we've got it covered.

Haha that's great =))

It would be fun to have a lady on the front too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
benjamintham wrote:

The text next to the illustration says "generic tough guy or girl" so the final design could be a girl - or there could be a choice of box lids (more expensive though).

A male and female couple may be the best solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
#2 is best for the title. It's also funny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lacxox wrote:

My favorite as well. Also, no weapons on the cover = slightly more kid friendly for those concerned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Castle
United States
Lothian
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Between 6 and 5. I prefer 6

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy M
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
Strickhouser wrote:
lacxox wrote:

My favorite as well. Also, no weapons on the cover = slightly more kid friendly for those concerned.

#2 is also my preference. It fits well with the style of the sample character cards and conveys a lighthearted slant vs cutthroat for the age ranges... Plus I like the symmetry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Peterson
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
schwartz!
badge
My hovercraft is full of eels!
mbmbmbmbmb
Strickhouser wrote:
lacxox wrote:

Not to mention that the human in #1 looks like Buddy, aka Syndrome, from The Incredibles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
I like #3 the best, personally. Something about the fact that the hero's head is cropped seems appropriate to a zombie themed game. However, the prominent crowbar is misleading, since there aren't actually weapons in the game. (Seems like an assumption people might make for a zombie game.)

So, considering that, and the kid-friendliness of no weapons someone else mentioned, I'd vote for #2 as runner-up/PC friendly cover.

I also agree that the "generic tough guy" used in the final art should be a female, black/asian, GLBT-friendly, non-partisan choir singer who works with the remnants of Greenpeace on the weekends to clean up whatever toxic disaster brought about the zombie apocalypse. (Her weekdays are, of course, spent on the front lines fighting - and hating - zombies. If there's one thing that most zombie apocalypse scenarios are missing, it's the rigorous tedium of 9 - 5 working hours.)

You could include a two-page personal history of this character as an introduction to the game. It would detail her experiences during the initial zombie outbreak and explain why she hates zombies so much. Make sure NOT to give her a name, though. Maybe she's even forsaken her name since the apocalypse happened. Now, she prefers to be addressed as [recycling symbol] - Prince-style, yo! She feels that not having a name is apropos of the cold and impersonal society of survivors she now lives among, whilst fighting (and hating) the indifferent horde.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve zhang
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not realise this before but I guess it's not easy for a character having their back facing the front to make a good cover. #4, 5 & 6 do not look like the front side of a game to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I vote #1. However, if He or She were holding a rock or a pair of Scissors that would be Awesome!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.