Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Leigh
United Kingdom
Leighton Buzzard
Beds
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had such plans for this game. It looked so good, and I painted all my zombicide minis in preparation!

Now I see the quality of the models, and my prep is for naught. These models are unlike everything I've seen, it doesn't help that the Scott guy on the kickstarter is some crazy ass painter that is just epic on every level...

I have almost unlimited excitement for the game but it is a hard thing to admit they're going to be unable to paint them to the quality I wanna see!

Will Shadows of Brimstone end up like this I wonder...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't sell yourself short Chris. Keep painting in anticipation of this game arriving. I think dry brushing,shading and inks are going to be the norm on these figures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm leaving them all ivory. I think they look amazing as that color and really fit with the tone and setting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Leavitt
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
I'm leaving them all ivory. I think they look amazing as that color and really fit with the tone and setting.

ditto.. I've tried painting pieces and just lost interest because it's so time consuming. I'm just going to glue them and play But to each their own. If you want to paint.. then by all means, paint!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabiano Saccol
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I will paint the 4 survivors... after that I´ll think about the rest... (I´m still in debt with the elves from my war of the ring...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herr Flik
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Im the same, not an excellent painter but hopefully I have the idea to airbrush then some shading to make them look like ancient statues fighting in the gloom. maybe it will work, maybe it wont but looking forward to finding out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Pooler
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, the Statue look is what I want to go for. Some kind of ink/drybrush combo that is quick and just makes the details pop like on a classic marble sculpture, similar to what we are seeing in a lot of the artwork snippits that have been popping up in the updates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Reid
msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm personally going to just be priming them white, quickshading them, and then sealing them. I think they look will REALLY fit for the setting.

I tested this with some of my DnD minis. Looks really nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herr Flik
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a nice effect

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
bastimret wrote:
Yup, the Statue look is what I want to go for. Some kind of ink/drybrush combo that is quick and just makes the details pop like on a classic marble sculpture, similar to what we are seeing in a lot of the artwork snippits that have been popping up in the updates.

I've heard of that. Is it just a black ink wash?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I'd be unlikely to use an absolute black wash - if I go down this route I'd use a dark grey or dark brown, I think black would make it too stark.

I may experiment with using a flesh coloured wash, see how that comes out - but my plan is doing full paint jobs on them all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.