Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arthur Dohrman
United States
Huntsville
AL
flag msg tools
mb
question re: the die roll modifier (drm): the rules state that on a carpet bombing mission, the drm to the combat die roll is +2, but it doesn't state what happens if the unmodified roll is a 5 or 6, which then would become 7 or 8 (not covered on the CRT). I've searched the online errata on BGG and WebGrognards, and nobody seems to address it.
The CRT has a clear and consistent progression: as the die roll goes up, the results are increasingly unfavorable to the defender. AR, E2, EX, DR, D1, DE. The column for 2:1 (maximum odds for a carpet bombing) tops out at D1 on a roll of 6. On a roll which is modified to 7 or 8, does the result go to the next step in the progression, which would be DE, or does it remain topped out at D1?
A carpet bombing is about to occur in my current game (I won't tell you which side I am) and before it occurs, my opponent and I would like to know the answer, even if it might be moot with a die roll of 4 or less.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Glass
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe if you check there is a statement in the combat or odds calculation section it that says DRMs that increase the result to greater than 6 are treated as 6's. Logic dictates same in this older style of AH game.
Ron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Popejoy
United States
Potomac Falls
Virginia
flag msg tools
GWX Dev Team
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

Ron is correct: the rule (ยง15.2) states, "Modified die rolls greater than '6' are treated as '6' results."

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Dohrman
United States
Huntsville
AL
flag msg tools
mb
thanks Ron and Paul but what edition of rules are you looking at? I have the 1980 rule book, and section 15.2 (or any other part of para 15) does not contain any statement whatsoever about modified die rolls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carter
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
artdohrman wrote:
thanks Ron and Paul but what edition of rules are you looking at? I have the 1980 rule book, and section 15.2 (or any other part of para 15) does not contain any statement whatsoever about modified die rolls.

This statement is in the Second Edition rules. I can send you a scanned copy if you send me your email.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Dohrman
United States
Huntsville
AL
flag msg tools
mb
Hi Steve, that would be great!
art.dohrman@gmail.com

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carter
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK. I sent it. It is 21MB, so hopefully it won't get stuck in the internet email plumbing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.