Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If a character in another location is attempting to acquire a weapon, can the Swipe Spell be used from another location to acquire the weapon and if so who does it go to - the player playing the spell or the player that attempted to acquire the weapon. I'm also a bit confused on the part of lowering the enemy by 3. Can that be played from a location other than the encounter? It doesn't say "your" encounter as how else could you play it to lower someone else's encounter but wondering if it is only if the character playing it is in same location or can they be in different one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any effect that allows evasion of an encounter or resolution of a check without rolling can only be played by the character whose check or encounter it is. So you can only swipe a boon you encounter, yourself.

If location is not mentioned, location does not matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Swipe can't be used to acquire a card another character encounters, only cards you encounter.
http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1gk#v5748eaic9r6k

That really just clarifies the rule that you can't succeed at something for another character.

The power to lower the difficulty of a combat check can apply to a check at any location, since the card places no limit on the location.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok that all makes sense. Card was a bit confusing since it has a few different facets to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Swipe is arguably the best spell in the game. I think that and Bewilder are my top two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/03/28
mbmbmbmbmb
csouth154 wrote:
Swipe is arguably the best spell in the game. I think that and Bewilder are my top two.
Disintegrate is my favorite. Not sure about a second fav -- either Bewilder or Mass Cure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.