Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
Fantasy Flight already announced Wave 5, instead of saving it for GenCon. Which makes one think that they must have something big for GenCon.

There is surprisingly little "inside information" about future X-Wing releases.

With GenCon only a month away, what does everything think based on what they've done in the past and what they've hinted at? Don't forget how the VT-49 came out of left field for practically everyone.

What do you think Fantasy Flight will be announcing for X-Wing at GenCon 2014 (This is your best guess, not what you hope for)
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Imperial huge ship(s).
89.9% 124
3rd Faction.
11.6% 16
Ground attack elements (Hoth AT-ATs, snowspeeders, etc)
5.8% 8
New epic play (Death Star Trench Run/one section of a Star Destroyer (a map, not a model))
7.2% 10
Other (post what you think it'll be)
3.6% 5
Voters 138
This poll is now closed.   138 answers
Poll created by patox
Closes: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:00 am
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They've been pretty adamant about the game being two-faction-only, and 'Rebellion Era'-only (although obviously incorporating ships that were - in that era - either at the end of their lives, or just in the prototype stage, and more famously associated with a different period).

That they reached so far into the EU as the VT-49 in order to keep that concept going seems to pretty obviously point the direction they are going in - more mining from the video games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Reynolds
United States
Vermontville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be very disappointed if we don't get an unveiling of an Imperial huge ship at Gen Con, with an announced release in Q4 2014.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron D
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
Mercury is my dog's name.
badge
I like hats.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm betting we'll see an Imperial huge ship packed with a TIE Fighter (maybe an ESB/RotJ bluish color TIE Fighter).

I know the TIE Advanced needs a fix and the TIE Fighter doesn't, which means I think we are unlikely to see the Advanced fix packed with a huge ship. The TIE Fighter really only needs some new named pilots to be interesting, which means much like the X-Wing packed with the Transport, it can basically include only unique cards usable in the standard game. I'm betting we'll get Juno Eclipse and some of the Black Eight squadron pilots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Epic Imperial ship, please please! Take all my money!

They could package a fix for the Advance along with a TIE repaint, it would just have to be a modification. Perhaps one that also makes TIE Interceptors slightly useful against Falcons? Or perhaps just a card you can play on the first turn called "easy mode- if you don't have to point your ship at me to shoot me, all my red dice count as hits"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
My guess is Imperial Huge ships. I am a bit surprised we got two in a row for the Alliance when they have been pretty good at keeping things balanced between the two sides.

I also think we might see a 3rd faction at some point. Along the lines of the Scum & Villainy as seen in the LCG.

As I have mentioned before for reasons that was told to me by FFG, I don't think we will ever see ground based forces or maps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rogue Knight
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It will either be an Imperial Huge Ship or two more ships for Wave 5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Raz
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's got to be an imperial huge ship or something to do with a star destroyer model / mat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XanderF wrote:
That they reached so far into the EU as the VT-49 in order to keep that concept going seems to pretty obviously point the direction they are going in - more mining from the video games!

But starting in Q4 they can mine the Rebels show. Ghost looks interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzopG0SGJYI

Hmmn, it is even bigger than the Decimator (50% more than the YT-1300 in two dimensions): http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ghost_(starship)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Boss
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nice poll.
cool

My vote was for Imperial Huge and a 3rd Faction. I think we will see Black Sun in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Boss
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:

As I have mentioned before for reasons that was told to me by FFG, I don't think we will ever see ground based forces or maps.

I think you are correct sir. I would love to see AT-AT's and such but that is another game entirely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am fairly certain it's going to be 2 ships of a 3rd faction along with a way how they can use existing models for their faction (faction specific pilot cards for some of the existing models maybe, with Z-95 and Firespray being the prime contenders and YT and Y-Wings a close second). So themewise I'd expect something piraty/smugglerish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Random Fleming
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG reps must be looking at this thread and smiling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.