Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Gibson
United Kingdom
Derby
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I should preface this.

I've only recently started playing and figured I'd have a go at building a deck. I have no experience whatsoever with deck building of any description. With that in mind does anyone have any suggestions/feedback on this Criminal deck?

So far I only have one core set plus What Lies Ahead and Cyber Exodus. I think I may run into issues with MU but I'm not sure how to manage that.

Thanks.

Identity:
Gabriel Santiago: Consummate Professional (Core)

Total Cards: (45)

Event: (26)
Infiltration (Core) x3
Deja Vu (Core) x2 ■■
Account Siphon (Core) x2
Diesel (Core) x3 ■■
Inside Job (Core) x3
Sure Gamble (Core) x3
Special Order (Core) x3
Easy Mark (Core) x3
Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus) x3
Stimhack (Core) x1 ■

Hardware: (1)
Desperado (Core) x1

Program: (11)
Sneakdoor Beta (Core) x2
Corroder (Core) x2 ■■
Ninja (Core) x2
Femme Fatale (Core) x2
Crypsis (Core) x3

Resource: (7)
Decoy (Core) x2
Armitage Codebusting (Core) x3
Public Sympathy (Cyber Exodus) x2

Influence Values Totals -
Anarch: 9
Criminal: 51
Shaper: 6

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
if you are running recursion like deja vu, you don't need to include multiple copies of each breaker, special order is sufficient. either you have recursion, or two copies of each breaker, not both.

that way you can include cards like datasucker, parasites, and forged activation order.

i think what lies ahead includes plascrete? that's better than public sympathy imo.

also it's too bad you only have one desperado, it really is the best console... consider getting doppleganger instead so you can pack 3

also your deck has no code breaker, try to get a gordian blade or yog.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Gibson
United Kingdom
Derby
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for that.

I'm thinking if I drop a Diesel and a Corroder then I should have enough influence to splash in a Gordian and maybe a second Stimhack.

I'm going to look at getting a second core set at some point but I figured data packs/expansions made more sense first

My logic behind using Public Sympathy rather than Plascrete was to try to offset any potential brain damage from Stimhack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Frisk
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
MIND|GAMES
mbmbmbmbmb
johncraven wrote:

also it's too bad you only have one desperado, it really is the best console... consider getting doppleganger instead so you can pack 3

I don't want to get into a dopple vs. desperado derailment - but if you only have 1 desperado, and you probably want 3 consoles, then make the deck 1 desperado and 2 dopplegangers.

Doppleganger is a fine and balanced console with a reasonable ability, but unless you're playing it out of faction, or you have a very specific strategy in mind, you'd rather have desperado.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Gibson
United Kingdom
Derby
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doppelganger also not really an option at this point as I don't have that data pack yet

But I'll take a look at it when I get there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally prefer Desperado, and would rather proxy 2 than use 3 dopplegangers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Gibson
United Kingdom
Derby
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at it again, I'm fairly sure I'm going to run into MU issues.

Not entirely sure how I can work around that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J F
msg tools
Since you really need a code gate breaker (or be forced to femme things like enigma and NEXT bronze) why not try adding zu key master? Obviously gordian is better, but key master is 1 less influence and only costs 1 credit to get on the table. Corroder, Faerie and Zu is a 3 credit rig.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.