Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
Just finished an excellent session of Chapter 7, and we had just a couple of queries by the end:

1. Random tiles - I shuffled them all blue side up, to make life a bit trickier. I don't see any guidance on this. Any views? Should we shuffle orientation as well as order?

2. If your explore to a random tile fails, we ruled that this exit was permanently blocked. It makes no sense, thematically, I think, to say you can explore a second time and get an exit that wasn't there 5 minutes ago. That sound right? And if so, does the risk of running out of tiles not emerge here? I guess you could just mark a "blocked" exit some other way and re-shuffle the tile.

3. Battle Leader. Is it as good as it looks? We played like so:

Init track has e.g. Nez then Colin (then whatever).

Nez has his go.

Colin moves, attacks, and then, at the end of his turn, spends 2 cheese to activate BL.

Since Nez is higher than he is, he swaps with Nez.

Nez then gets a turn i.e. a complete second go, 2 actions, which of course he only just finished before Colin started.

This is how we read the card - and if it's right, it's a great ability for Colin, since obviously it can put him at the top of the track so his Inspire can trigger. But frankly he'd be better off at the bottom, and just working his way up one Mouse at a time to give each one a free second turn till he arrives at the top slot.

Did we misinterpret? Can't find an answer Searching here or in FAQ. Just have a sense we missed something since it seems a spot OP (not complaining mind... I think Colin deserves a "killer app" as Leader; also because I end up always playing him... )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Chapter 7 tiles & Battle Leader
I can help with this. When you are placing tiles for random explore, you pull the random tile a place it with the orientation arrow facing the proper direction. It doesn't matter what side you have showing up because you are always allowed to flip a destination tile to see if the exit bars match up. If it doesn't match up on either side, leave the tile in place. You can't get there from your current tile, the explore is wasted. You might need to explore up/down via a flip space and perhaps then the exit bars will match.

Battle Leader, from what I can tell of your description, it sounds like you are doing it correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Chapter 7 tiles & Battle Leader
Thanks for the prompt reply Jerry, that all makes sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sinclair
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just this night I passed this chapter. One of my favorite chapters by far. Took me several tries. I played a couple of times solo and had some devastating last role/search card draw luck. I had to call my 8 year old in to get me through the mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Bowles
Australia
Tatura
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chiken Bird wrote:
... I had to call my 8 year old in to get me through the mission.

That's funny right there
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought when initiative cards were switched you still moved on from the original position. So shouldn't Nez NOT get to go after Collin?...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Alderman
United States
Shady Spring
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Trust me, I am not the Traitor.
badge
For Orcs there is no other life but WAR!
mbmbmbmbmb
Titeman wrote:
I thought when initiative cards were switched you still moved on from the original position. So shouldn't Nez NOT get to go after Collin?...

I believed the same.

For instance its just like with the Rat Warriors aggressive ability...if they move above a mouse at the end of there turn the mouse doesnt get to go again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
The Battle Leader card expressly states that the moved mouse gets to go - I think that's the difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Alderman
United States
Shady Spring
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Trust me, I am not the Traitor.
badge
For Orcs there is no other life but WAR!
mbmbmbmbmb
Beloch wrote:
The Battle Leader card expressly states that the moved mouse gets to go - I think that's the difference.

Oh ok. I dont know the exact wording on the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Peck
United States
Frisco
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In later chapters (when spending cheese takes precedence over hoarding it for new abilities). Battle Leader & Inspire is a super combo.

Before anyone says something about using 2 abilities on a turn...

Initiative card is drawn, Collin is low on the track. 1 cheese for him.
once it's his turn, he makes his action and then uses Battle Leader on whichever mouse is highest on the track. That mouse gets an extra turn. Next round, Collin gets to go fairly early, in some cases, almost back-to-back and uses inspire. For the next round, all mice get double actions for 1 cheese. Brutal for the minions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.