BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Creating a Board Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Hayes
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Hello to whoever is reading this. I have had an idea for a board game for the past 3 years and have been dying to try to do something with the idea because I have looked and looked and looked but there is nothing like it. However, I have no idea where I would even begin to start if making your own board game was possible. I am very confident with my idea and if able, I would love to actually end up creating it and sharing it with the rest of the world. If ANYONE can help me please notify me as soon as possible. Thank you so much for reading this and your time. If you need to reach me my email is jobe.1980@yahoo.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I wouldnt recommend putting your email address up.
There is the private message function on this site, and theres a sub-forum dedicated to board game design.

Also, check out all the games on Kickstarter to get a feel for whats possible.

---

Also bad form to thumb your own posts and threads
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lizzie
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
designer
“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” ― G.K. Chesterton
badge
A Hug a Day keeps the Doctor away!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would take a look at [geekurl=forum/974616/boardgamegeek/board-game-design]the board game design forums.[/geekurl]

You can get help with mechanics in the theory forum.

Post a WIP (work in progress) thread in the Works in Progress forum, include rules, print and play files any of that stuff. Don't worry about people stealing your ideas, the help you will gain is invaluable.

If you get toward wanting to publish/KS it then there is the Art and Design forum for hiring artists and graphic designers.

Looking forward to seeing your game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.