Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Gambatese
United States
Mentor
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I just got the game today and a buddy of mine told me he just pre-ordered it for $27.99 from an online game store ....
OUCHHHHH ... seems like a great game but wow .... half of what I paid for it 6 months ago ... oh how I hate it when a game is discounted before I even get my hands on it ... and oh how I hate kickstarter sometimes!!yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch is right!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
barbarianprince wrote:
So I just got the game today and a buddy of mine told me he just pre-ordered it for $27.99 from an online game store ....
OUCHHHHH ... seems like a great game but wow .... half of what I paid for it 6 months ago ... oh how I hate it when a game is discounted before I even get my hands on it ... and oh how I hate kickstarter sometimes!!yuk

I'm not sure why this is directed at Tricked Out Hero. Online stores are almost always cheaper than Kickstarter and brick and mortar stores. Unless your buddy bought several other items to get free shipping, then they most likely paid $10-15 in shipping. So it's not that much cheaper, since shipping was included in the KS project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Political Hack
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
barbarianprince wrote:

Isn't part of the understanding with Kickstarter that you're paying a little bit of a premium to ensure that a game gets produced? That you're not going to get the kind of a discount that an online store might give you down the line?

Also, I'm pretty sure the Early Bird Special (which I got in on) for TOH was only $40 and the full price was $45. So if your friend got it at $28, it's not half off the Kickstarter price. Chad makes a good point: if they had to pay shipping & handling, they might have only saved $10 or so.

Regardless: It's not something Prolific Games can control.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Johnson
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
plus, the other guy didn't have a chance to get drawn into the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryno8 wrote:
plus, the other guy didn't have a chance to get drawn into the game.

Good point. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
william sininger
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As the designer I thought if way in here. We have a fullfillment service who sends it out to distributors. The distributors then sell to stores. Now there are sites out there claiming to be stores so they get it from the distributor and sell it cheaper because they don't have to pay for a actual building/ rent whatever. I personally don't use these sites because I like to support my game store. That way I have a place to play. Woot Paddy's Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.