Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
An unbelievably cool session of M&M Ch7 tonight.

We've not, as a rule, found this an easy game. My group loves it, though other games have kept us apart for a good few months. But we don't win every game, for sure, and more than once we've needed repeat plays to crack a Chapter. And we insist that we complete one before we tackle the next.

Usually bad dice rolls do us in.

So tonight was one of those rare but oh-so-delightful occasions when the dice, the cards and the tactics come together just so... and for the first time we were not just Mice, but Hero Mice.

Our first couple of attempts to explore met with dead ends. But we cleared a couple of tiles of what seemed to be endless roach infestations with barely a scratch.

And we searched like searching was going out of fashion. Some great rolls in combat left some of the mice with little to do - so standard searches were the order of the day. I think we drew some 10 or 12 cards in the full game - probably twice the number in any previous session - and delightfully every single one was an item we could use. No. Treachery. Cards. At. All. Woot.

So, at last: we have armour for every mouse. Nez has 2 hammers to ensure he can wreak destruction whether adjacent to a minion or right on top of it. We need to invoke the proper rules about backpacks/encumbrance for the first time, since we've got goodies all over the place. Excellent.

First quest card is drawn: not the Tome. 3 more to go. And frankly we're having so much fun that we didn't want to draw the Tome first.

We play to Surge when is convenient - sometimes hanging around (more searches, thanks!) to ensure we complete the cheese wheel rather than walking into a new encounter with a guaranteed early surge - and this works nicely. It's a bit gamey, I know, but we've played enough now that we know that we answer most questions with "whatever is toughest, we'll do that" so the odd bit of mini-maxing can, we think, be forgiven.

Maginos is on fire. Chain Lightning 1: 2 successes rolled. 3 roaches roll zero defence, each. Roach Toast. Chain Lightning 2: 1 success. 3 roaches roll zero defence each. The dice gods are smiling on us. 6 dead roaches for a pair of CL spells - a new record, and much hooting to boot.

A bit more luck - on our 5th or 6th tile, we draw the Tome as our second special search. A few rats and a Spider are easy meat, and victory is ours.

We spend almost as long looking at out loot, at the end of the session, to decide what we're going to keep for Ch8.

I wouldn't want M&M to play out like this every time - it would soon get stale. But after a good few ass-kickings, it was a terrific experience to visit some of that back on the bad guys tonight.

I think we ended up with 1 point of damage on 1 Mouse, between the 4 of us; and 3 level-ups to share, too.

Just great. Need to find shelf space for the expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Peck
United States
Frisco
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you had a fantastic session! Sounds like you all had a GREAT time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good job Paul. Nice report.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.