Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tommy McArdle
United States
Summit
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Have a question on Bore sighting. Say I have a good order Infantry squad with a MMG in a level two building. I have a LOS to a level 2 hill which is several hexes large, can I Bore sight the MMG to one of the level 2 hexes ?, or am I only allowed to Bore sight from/to a building at level 0.
Thanks to all who reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Beef
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this a question for SK - bore sighting isn't in SK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-L├ęgier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
tm505pir wrote:
Have a question on Bore sighting. Say I have a good order Infantry squad with a MMG in a level two building. I have a LOS to a level 2 hill which is several hexes large, can I Bore sight the MMG to one of the level 2 hexes ?, or am I only allowed to Bore sight from/to a building at level 0.
Thanks to all who reply.

AS previously noted, this is a question for ASL, not the SKs (in addition, there are no hills nor building levels in SK1).
Now, to answer your question, you can boresight from any place.
You could also place a Fire Lane along the 2 level hexes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy McArdle
United States
Summit
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks Robin. Thought I made it clear that this was a ASL question. Is this the proper place to ask questions about ASL ? or should I be posting someplace else. If so where. Once again thaks for your reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Greensboro
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you're posting in the forum for ASL Starter Kit #1. Obviously ASL players monitor the SK forums, too. But you want to post general ASL questions on the Advanced Squad Leader board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hong Kong Wargamer
msg tools
badge
http://www.hongkongwargamer.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Robin & Luke are right.

The answer to your question though ..

C6.4 talks about boresighting LOCATION

Location (in the index) defined as:
"a hex as well as any of the following sub-divisions of that hex: sewer, upper or lower building or bridge level, pillbox, cave"

Note also that under C6.41
"Bore Sighting may be used only by a Scenario Defender (see Index)"
Scenario Defender defined as:
"The Scenario Defender is the side that sets up wholly or partly on-board and does not have to capture terrain (on other than its setup board[s]) in order to fulfill its Victory Conditions, while facing an opposing side that enters wholly from offboard."

ie.. if the both sides start onboard, no one gets to boresight.

Regards,
Jack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.