1 Posts

The Game of Authors» Forums » General

Subject: Is my copy legitimate? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Sheppard
United States
flag msg tools
I now have two copies of The Game of Authors. One set I've been playing since ~1975 or so. That copy uses cards that are maybe 1/3 the size of a regular playing card. The images of the authors are in color, and the authors come in sets of four cards each. Each card lists three other books.

This weekend I found another copy of the game. This one comes in a color box that appears to be very old (similar to the default picture for this game here on BGG). The cards inside are white(ish) with black printing only. The images look the same as the first set I described from what I remember (I'll double-check that and take pics later). The cards are full size and while not overly thick for cards, they are still pretty stiff. There is a single advertisement or catalog card in the set that promotes Rook (I think; the cards aren't with me at the moment). There is no date on the box or the cards that would tell me how old this set is.

What troubles me is that in the research that I've done (admittedly little so far), all the descriptions talk about authors in sets of four cards, as I described the other set above. This set I'm researching has only three cards per author. Initially I thought that it was missing one card for each author, but then I noticed that each card only lists two other books.

Does anyone know if there was published such a version as I describe?

Edit: I should clarify that by "legitimate" I mean to ask if this was how the set was published (sets of three) or if I have an old box with a "fan edition" inside. The card-stock itself looks aged, but not worn. If it is a "fan edition" it is well made and seems old.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.