Subject: Big bummer! Where do all the monsters go? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Walther
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just got my kickstarter and not only are the monsters and characters almost impossible to put in the stands without ruining (over half of mine are damaged)...there is no where to store them in the box?
Anyone have a solution to this?
Why is there no room for tokens, or monsters/characters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lorri Gums
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Recent update
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Walther
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
I tried that and many still tore on the bottom? cry
Where did you put them in the box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Dunks
United States
Providence Forge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The boxes are a bit over-full because we got more stuff in the Kickstarter version than will be in the box for retail, and I'm sure it was cost-prohibitive to make two different plastic tray inserts.

Having said that, the cheapest and best storage solution is to simply throw away the insert and put all the characters, monsters and cards in baggies. If you put the various boards on the bottom and then everything else in baggies on top, the box closes completely and nothing is going to be crushed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I managed to get all my tokens in the stands with no damage and it all fit in the box WITH the insert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Fortney
United States
Evansville
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I stored the tokens in a bead box. The figures are in zip locks resting comfortably on top of everything else inside the box, with the insert. As far as slotting the figures into the stands, yeah, it's a pain. I ruined my Shoggoth and bent Hank in two. One of the stands simply snapped in half. Some are flexible, others are not. My Exclusive box was missing the Explorer Events, and Juraj was gracious enough to include another Shoggoth and Hank when they send them to me, so there's that. It's those teeth inside the slots, though. Not sure why they needed them, most other stands I've used are smooth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Walther
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the replies everyone. It looks like an awesome game and I am thrilled to own it. Watching someone's dream become a reality on Kickstarter is so cool.
Happy gaming y'all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where can i buy a couple extra. I had just one clear one that bent too far and broke

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juraj Bilić
Croatia
Varazdin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Quote:
Where can i buy a couple extra. I had just one clear one that bent too far and broke

Send me en email, I will help you out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Brennick
United States
Lewiston
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I used needle-nosed pliers to bend each end of the stand out a very little bit (small amounts of pressure) and that was enough for the tokens to slide in fairly easily.

I just put the boards on top of the tray and then filled in all the character and monster tokens in their stands around the edge space that was left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Robinson
United States
Neptune City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly...Moon-Beast didn't survive the setup and is destroyed. The stands are in the garbage and I would not recommend using them. I'll try the Eldritch Horror clear stands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.