Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
I played the easiest family mode last week w/2-players. We won, we ended up losing one victim I think, and had several explosions.

Then, yesterday I played the same mode w/4-players. We didn't get a single explosion the entire game! I get that it'll be easier w/more players b/c the fire advance pace is constant but you have double the fire-fighting. But, I'm curious from those who are experienced: did we just get super-lucky rolls of the dice? Or is 4-player basic really just too easy? After describing explosions when teaching the game, it was kind of anti-climactic to not have a single explosion in the whole game. When I saw how easy we were plowing through the game, I even started using the "advanced" POI rule where POIs don't remove fires. Still no explosions. I'm thinking, the next time I teach new players w/easy mode at 4 or more players, I might add a couple hazmats for good measure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Kearns
Utah
flag msg tools
Trains!
badge
Houseplant?
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
I get that it'll be easier w/more players b/c the fire advance pace is constant but you have double the fire-fighting.

This line leads me to think you are playing wrong. Are you advancing the fire after each player takes their turn?

Player 1: Actions, Advance Fire, & Replenish POI.

Player 2: Actions, Advance Fire, & Replenish POI.

Player 3: And so on.

More firefighters means better coverage of the board, but it does decrease frequency of turns, so it can be a problem if the fire is concentrated, but the firefighters are spread out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Arcadious wrote:
JohnnyDollar wrote:
I get that it'll be easier w/more players b/c the fire advance pace is constant but you have double the fire-fighting.

This line leads me to think you are playing wrong. Are you advancing the fire after each player takes their turn?

Player 1: Actions, Advance Fire, & Replenish POI.

Player 2: Actions, Advance Fire, & Replenish POI.

Player 3: And so on.

More firefighters means better coverage of the board, but it does decrease frequency of turns, so it can be a problem if the fire is concentrated, but the firefighters are spread out.

Wow, yeah I totally had that wrong, we had all the players do their actions, then do one Advance Fire for the "round." Don't know how I missed that. So, it's a much more challenging game than I thought.
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil DeKoning
United States
Bozeman
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't worry. There will be times where you'll look at two remaining damage cubes and a board of fire counters, then glance around at the people you're playing with and, in a small voice, ask, "Should we go back to the way we used to roll fire spreads? Just for a few rounds?"

Also remember to place the extra hotspots for (I think) 4+ players.

Hope your games are more challenging and good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.