Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin F
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own all the COIN games, but have a harder time finding players to get games with (my usual gaming group has an illogical aversion to the theme).

Would there be anyone in the Seattle area who would be interested in getting a semi-regular face-to-face COIN group going (or if one already exists, can I join? )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Sink
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested. I have the same situation. I have two of them, but haven't had the time to learn to play and really want to. I'm in the Northgate area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O.Shane Balloun
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
www.cascadecon.games
badge
Cascade Games Convention: Bellingham, Washington's premier tabletop board game playing event
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in Bellingham. I'd be willing to drive down with enough advance time to schedule. So maybe count me as a 1/2-person for purposes of cobbling together 4 people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin F
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet. 3.5/4 isn't bad. Hopefully a couple other folks jump in this thread and then I can try to organize something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hansen
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never played a COIN game, but I watched some videos for A Distant Plain and want to give it a try. I'm close to Northgate, so if you guys get a game together in north Seattle I would love to join you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin F
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teamjimby wrote:
I've never played a COIN game, but I watched some videos for A Distant Plain and want to give it a try. I'm close to Northgate, so if you guys get a game together in north Seattle I would love to join you.

Awesome. ADP is the one COIN game I have the most experience with (about half a dozen plays, almost all of them 3 player games via VASSAL). I've played Cuba Libre probably three or four times (mostly two players) and two propaganda cards through Andean Abyss (which I would like to play more of).

Should not be a problem to teach.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
The Honorable Salmon P. Chase
mbmbmb
I've never played any of them, but have all of them. I'd definitely want to get in this group. Availability for big games like these would be on the weekends typically.

I have a large community room in my building that would work well for hosting too. I'm on Capitol Hill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin F
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
majicbaby wrote:
I've never played any of them, but have all of them. I'd definitely want to get in this group. Availability for big games like these would be on the weekends typically.

I have a large community room in my building that would work well for hosting too. I'm on Capitol Hill.

Awesome. Yeah, I was thinking weekends, too.

Is Capitol Hill too far for other people in this thread? A nice place to play would be the next problem, and it sounds like you have a solution. Would anyone in here be willing to meet up for a game this upcoming weekend, like maybe Sunday (20th)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
The Honorable Salmon P. Chase
mbmbmb
Honestly I doubt I'd be able to fit in a big game like this for a while. Certainly not this weekend.

Looking at my schedule, I'd say the earliest would be Labor Day weekend. I can host in the future, but I'd probably want to meet in a public space before inviting people to my home.

Also, I haven't read the rules or gone through the playbooks. I'd want to learn the game in advance, or be sure that someone can teach it. Which COIN games have you played? Are you able to teach?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Sink
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fine with a neutral location to start with. I've been playing at Uptown Espresso at 3845 Delridge Way SW. I know the owners there and they have a game shop on site now with a large lending library(No COIN games though). There are lots of big tables and it's very quiet and never crowded.

If we have more than 4 we can setup a few COIN games if enough people know how to teach them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hansen
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually don't have a car available because my wife uses our one car for work, so I'm restricted to bike/bus from Greenwood. I could probably do Capitol Hill on bike (although maybe not in this heat!), but West Seattle is definitely too far for me unless I can carpool.

This coming weekend is busy, but I could do the following weekend (July 25-27).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin F
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can teach the games. I've taught 5 or 6 other folks how to play. I would also be available the weekend of the 25-27 (there is a small chance I might go to Vancouver, but otherwise I'm good).

If we're looking for a neutral site that is kind of central to folks, there's Card Kingdom in Ballard. They have a bunch of big tables in their tournament room that don't get used unless there's an M:TG event going on or the evening crowd shows up near dinner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Sink
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't do that weekend(25-27). Too much going on. I'd be happy to car pool if people are nearby me as well. I can do August 3rd(Sunday). I'm fine with Card Kingdom as long as it's when it opens. I've had trouble finding parking there when it's busy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Salyers
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim - just a quick note - the 50, 120, and 125 all drop off right at the Uptown Espresso Gameporium on Delridge. The 50 and 125 go straight Downtown - so it is a pretty quick transit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O.Shane Balloun
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
www.cascadecon.games
badge
Cascade Games Convention: Bellingham, Washington's premier tabletop board game playing event
mbmbmbmbmb
The thing about COIN games is that they lend themselves well to having too many players. So if you arrange a time/place and 5 or 6 people show up, you can team 2 players with 2 other players and allow them to consult one another to make decisions. It might make things a tad bit slower, but it's not like each player has a hand to manage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O.Shane Balloun
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
www.cascadecon.games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't do this weekend or the 25–27, but keep me in the loop. It was a good idea to start this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Brighton
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also in the same boat in looking for other COIN players (particularly ADP). I'm based out in Sammamish but am fairly flexible as to location.

Cheers,
Joel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin F
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How is next Sunday looking for people? Anyone interested?

Like I said, I can teach if needed, and am pretty amenable to whatever location is a good central point for everyone else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Brighton
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm game (if, as you say, it's a fairly central location).

Justegarde wrote:
How is next Sunday looking for people? Anyone interested?

Like I said, I can teach if needed, and am pretty amenable to whatever location is a good central point for everyone else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin F
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bumping to see if anyone else is available Sunday. Sounds like we would just need 2 more. So far we have someone in Bellevue (me) and someone in Sammamish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hansen
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm busy this weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Sink
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here. And Dragonflight is the following weekend. The good news is that I will be playing three of the COIN games there, so I should be better prepared after that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O.Shane Balloun
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
www.cascadecon.games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This weekend is booked for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
Like majicbaby, I have all the games but have yet to play them. As I live in Granite Falls, and work graveyard shift, It's difficult to get in on something like this. But, if I could arrange it, I'd definitely give it a go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Coleman
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am interested in trying a COIN game. I'll just lurk around the thread and see if I could join in. I am in LFP/Lake City area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.