Popular Tags: [View All]
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played Jinx a few times, and while I really like the more real-time element of it where people have to make a quick choice for which card to select, something always felt disappointing about the game compared to the original. After playing it with family a month or so ago, it hit on me that I don't like the more abstract and simple cards of Jinx. It can be really difficult to find something to give as a clue that can possibly relate to a few other cards, and it ends up feeling a bit arbitrary.

I had the thought that day... why not just use the original cards? So I tried that the other day in a 4p game with some friends, and yes, I like it much better. For one thing, it's just so great to have that amazing artwork as part of the experience, but it also feels easier to find a clue that can be effective, and the game is more fun that way, rather than feeling a bit tedious as it was. We went one step further, and abandoned using the cards to determine which picture you have to choose, and just let everyone pick one that they wanted to use and go with that. That also worked really well, I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cormier
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
great suggestion! can't believe I've never heard anyone else suggest this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cobbs c
msg tools
mb
Can't you just play this 'Jinx' rules by owning Dixit? Set the cards up in a grid etc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cobbs wrote:
Can't you just play this 'Jinx' rules by owning Dixit? Set the cards up in a grid etc

Well, Jinx has the specific cards that you choose with, but yeah, you could just go on your honor as far as which one you picked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.