Alex Johns
United States
Huntersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After a third or fourth play, We've come to a disagreement about one way roads. My wife feels that one way roads start at the intersection the arrows are on, but I believe the entire road section then becomes a one way from wherever it's origin is to wherever it terminates.

Some tiles, such as three way or t-intersections show arrows on the long side which originate from one side of the intersection pointing toward a side. We had that t-intersection attached to a castle pointed away from it, with the arrows on the far side of the three way intersection. I understand it that the entire section of road from the castle all the way down the road is now one way. My wife believes that connecting to the two way turn in the middle of the tile would allow her to then connect to the castle, as she believes the one way starts at the intersection in the middle of the tile.
For a visual, if I am not explaining it well enough, look at the rule book, listed online here for those who do not have the game. Page 6 shows a visual representation where the red player does have a connection to the blue castle but the blue castle is not connected due to the one way road. this issue would be if the blue player further connected a road from the top of his castle and came across the board to connect to the three way intersection tile adjacent to the red castle. is that small section of road from the center of that three way intersection two way, or does the introduction of the arrows make the road one way from the red castle to the blue?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.