Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken K
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
...only I didn't say 'fudge.'

As the stretch goal for the $1.5 million mark it should cure cancer, but what else is it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickey
Singapore
flag msg tools
Twilight struggling to find time to play
badge
Twilight struggling to find time to play
mbmbmbmbmb
Professor Plum wrote:
...only I didn't say 'fudge.'

As the stretch goal for the $1.5 million mark it should cure cancer, but what else is it?

Seemed clear enough in the update. a kind of "campaign feature" where you get unique skills for your character that you can carry from mission to mission, until he dies, to get some feel of "progression".
It seems interesting although, wonder if it won't break some missions, since they don't scale in difficulty
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's probably more for missions already connected, like the Switch City campaign, the upcoming Boomtown campaign in the compendium booklet, and the unlocked RM/AN campaign. I believe there was one for PO/TCM as well.

If you want to do it for normal missions, you'll probably have to come up with a way to make each mission more challenging to keep the survivors from being too powerful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sawler
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Plus you will only get 3 if you're not playing with Ultrared mode. And it looks like a lot of them are weapon specific, so you might end up with a skill that has no effect if you lose your weapon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not going to lie, I'm a bit concerned at how powerful some of them are. For example, +1 to die roll for the chainsaw. Sure, you might not get the chainsaw next mission but SOMEONE will find the chainsaw and it's easy enough to trade it to the person that gets +1 to die rolls with the chainsaw :P

My group usually loses though so maybe this is a reason to start playing with zombie dogs again (+ seekers, + skinners, + crows) and maybe even try adding the zombie bosses from the community (if CMoN doesn't release something similar) to even out things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Muller de Schongor
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DoomTurtle wrote:
I believe there was one for PO/TCM as well.

"Three Wishes"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Calhoun
msg tools
I really don't like the way the rules are for this "experience deck" All you simply need to do is get to red level and you basically start with 3+ experience cards for the rest of the campaign. In all honesty it just seems like its going to break more then enhance.

I am sure their will be a way to implement it so the system works a little better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mcalhoun wrote:
I really don't like the way the rules are for this "experience deck" All you simply need to do is get to red level and you basically start with 3+ experience cards for the rest of the campaign. In all honesty it just seems like its going to break more then enhance.

I am sure their will be a way to implement it so the system works a little better.

Like a lot of the optional add-ons for Zombicide it wasn't very well thought out.

For example, the companion dogs suggest that everyone starts with a dog... yeah not going to do that. Most people mix them in the equipment deck and many only put a limited number of them in (usually 3).

I'm sure similar things will happen with this deck because it'll make the game too easy. Personally, I think you should draw 2, keep 1 when you level up. Picking any available skill is too powerful and will make certain skills that will never be picked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cliff hutton
United States
Plymouth
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thinking I like the experience deck (give it more of a RPG feel), but am also concerned with the gaming being too easy. ( The only time my group has lostis when I did not mix the spawn deck correctly and it was mostly toxic zombies and berserker Zombies.)

I may consider house ruling that you have to have equipment related to the the experience card you pick so the theme fits better.

And some type of random draw would be good also,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rector
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rrrrupp wrote:
mcalhoun wrote:

Like a lot of the optional add-ons for Zombicide it wasn't very well thought out.

For example, the companion dogs suggest that everyone starts with a dog... yeah not going to do that. Most people mix them in the equipment deck and many only put a limited number of them in (usually 3).

I'm sure similar things will happen with this deck because it'll make the game too easy. Personally, I think you should draw 2, keep 1 when you level up. Picking any available skill is too powerful and will make certain skills that will never be picked.

Agreed. Seems to be a recurring pattern with addons that are a cool concept that with a little more thought on the rules could have made a lot more sense. I like your variation on it and will probably use it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud Dejardin
France
Ferrère-La-Grande
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What i hate is that they only give you half a deck.

If you use season 1 and/or 2 equipment and wanna use this experience deck, you have to buy those overpowered and ugly new/old survivors for 25 dollars ...(and probably another one for the season 2).

Wanda with bloodlust, seriously? Amy medic at blue and phil with shotgun and lifesaver? I think the game is not challenging enought, and they make the survivors even stronger?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Archange227 wrote:

If you use season 1 and/or 2 equipment and wanna use this experience deck, you have to buy those overpowered and ugly new/old survivors for 25 dollars ...(and probably another one for the season 2).

Wanda with bloodlust, seriously? Amy medic at blue and phil with shotgun and lifesaver? I think the game is not challenging enought, and they make the survivors even stronger?

100% agree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teskal Flink
Germany
flag msg tools
Archange227 wrote:

I agree, getting about half of the deck.

About the extra skills, we do not know how difficult the new season will be.

About Phil i think that he should have had the shotgun from the beginning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teskal wrote:
Archange227 wrote:

I agree, getting about half of the deck.

About the extra skills, we do not know how difficult the new season will be.

About Phil i think that he should have had the shotgun from the beginning.

You do know they start with both those blue skills right? He also has lifesaver at blue. Wanda is the most broken though.

Why does it matter? Because with power creep, it makes you not want to use your current survivors. Beyond ned and phil, everyone from season 1 was fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.