11 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: mini expansions as campaign rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
devin ott
msg tools
mbmb
Can I use LoTW and Trollfens to add onto the base game campaign at same time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what the rulebook explains to do. You use rumor cards to add expansion quests to any campaign - base game or Shadow of Nerekhall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
devin ott
msg tools
mbmb
What about Labyrinth of Ruin?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Delaney
United States
Friendswood
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. That too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Working on Perdition's Mouth game content
mbmbmbmbmb
But do not be surprised if the heroes go all the extra quests to become unstoppable. IMO a better idea would be using the extra quests from just one of the expansions.

But feel free to use all the shopping items or secret rooms, because they do not spawn more often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
devin ott
msg tools
mbmb
ok, so then the campaign phase is between quests then? That is a lot of additional quests that can be provided. Thank you all for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ottrod wrote:
ok, so then the campaign phase is between quests then? That is a lot of additional quests that can be provided. Thank you all for the clarification.

The rules indicate that you will, at most, play two extra quests from either Trollfens or Lair of the Wyrm - one in Act I and one in Act II. You don't play tons of them. In fact, they can really buff the heroes by providing more money and more items. Just read the rules, it's explained very clearly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
ottrod wrote:

The rules indicate that you will, at most, play two extra quests from either Trollfens or Lair of the Wyrm - one in Act I and one in Act II. You don't play tons of them. In fact, they can really buff the heroes by providing more money and more items. Just read the rules, it's explained very clearly.

So you're saying David's concern above is without merit then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
kelann08 wrote:
ottrod wrote:

I'm pretty sure my statement agreed with David...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Delaney
United States
Friendswood
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
NuMystic wrote:
kelann08 wrote:
ottrod wrote:

I'm pretty sure my statement agreed with David...

I think there's a bit of reading into David's use of "all the extra quests", indicating more than two, which is understandable if the original poster isn't too familiar with how the expansions are implemented, which is quite obvious right out of the gate.

Either way, I think we're all on the same page now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Working on Perdition's Mouth game content
mbmbmbmbmb
Rumor quest can lead to the advanced quest. If the heroes manage to start two of them in act 1 and do the advanced quests in act 2, it is a ton of search tokens.

You never play all the quests, not even in case you play the expansion as a mini-campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.