Aaron Chasteen
United States
Yorktown
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My heroes are getting whomped. I am about to finish The Twin Idols right before The Man Who Would Be King finale. I only have 175 gold and I need an item to give me hope. Bah, but I know those damn 3 shop cards are gonna fail me! Is there a missing rule somewhere that says heroes can buy anything from the store before the finale? Just lie to me, ok.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the Overlord is using rumor cards, when he activates one he gives the heroes threat tokens. You can spend two of them during the campaign phase to see an extra card during the shopping step. That's all I know of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules as written, you do not get a phase in which you look through all of the Act II shop item cards.

It sounds like you are playing with two heroes. Many here would suggest that you play using four heroes, for various reasons. One of those reasons is that you draw five shop items during each shopping step, rather than three. So you not only have more heroes to cover the various item types, you also get more items to choose from.

A common house rule is to draw five shop item cards regardless of the number of heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.