Clint Walker
United States
Mattoon
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I sort of knew this might happen.

My copy of Lords of Waterdeep had a few cards what were a bit mucked up. My copy, out of the box, had a group of quest cards that were packaged separately than the rest, and virtually all of them looked like the text side had been rubbed down with a bar of soap. And ALL the intrigue cards had no linen finish on the back, as in TOTALLY smooth.

It's not a huge deal, but I found a thread from earlier on these boards where some others had somewhat of the same problem and got replacements.

So, I started an profile at wizards, and sent them a message. I got a reply back that asked for more information and I let them know that I needed only replacements for the "soaped-up" quest cards (49-60) and the "smoothed-out" intrigue cards.

In terms of speed, they were great. I got the new cards a week later; today, actually. And yeah...I opened them up and...um...

They gave me a whole new DECK of quest cards along with a replacement intrigue deck. Thing was...quest cards #49-60 were, once again, bundled APART from the others, and were, once AGAIN, mostly, or sometimes FULLY washed out. It's almost like they just had a whole BATCH of those "scummy" cards to pull from for replacements, and they didn't even LOOK at the text of why I wanted them replaced. Weird, since the second message I got from Wizards asked me to explain the exact nature of what I wanted replaced, implying they'd...you know...read it.

While a few of the replacement quests are a bit better, the backs of them are all, yup...totally smooth, thus ensuring they won't match if blended in with the others from my game.

So now here I am, back where I started. I probably just use the originals; I mean...there's nothing wrong with them in theory, but I just don't understand why my copy seems to have this problem with the images and the finishes on the cards, and why customer service said they'd fix the problem and instead just ignored it, sent me cards that were exactly the same, and thought I wouldn't notice.

C'mon Wizards...I supported the Star Wars: TCG for all three wonderful, dice-filled years. You guys owe me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
they probably did read your email but they wouldn't want to just send you part of a deck so they replaced both decks you were having a problem with, but just threw you 2 packs of new cards, not looking at them.... and those had the same problem. it sounds like a large defect in the print run. I would complain about it again, explain the replacements had the same problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.