Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jflartner
United States
Conshohocken
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't tried it yet, but (after only 1 play) I was thinking about getting rid of all the duplicate cards when playing with 2p.

There would be more competition for the cards, and the "Swap two cards in the pyramid" would remain valuable all game - making the decision to sac them in order to thin more difficult.

I also felt that the game lasted a bit too long with 2p with all the cards.

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Freitas
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Suggested 2p Variant
I don't think it's a good idea. The duplicate cards are important for several reasons:
• So that both players can have them;
• So that one player can have more than one copy running, making it appear more often in his hand and facilitating combos, for instance;
• So that one player can entomb one copy and still keep the other for gold or action.

The sarcophagi set, for example, only has 3 different cards. If you play with only one copy of each card and your opponent gets two sarcophagi (or even one), the set will become very uninteresting to you, some situations could be game-breaker without a chance to catch up.

The competition can be added through the Shabtis, if you want to suppress your opponent buys, you can sacrifice cards that you already have when a second copy appear in the pyramid, so that your opponent cannot collect them.

The game only feels a little long during the first matches, but when you get the hang of it, tier III cards will appear on top of the pyramid in the blink of an eye.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cleaver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Igor's take on this, but I haven't tried the game with only one copy of each set card.

Tom Cleaver
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.