Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Solitaire Session Report - Played using the X-Wing Solitaire AI Webapp at: http://boardgamegeek.com/article/16222578#16222578

===========================================

During a routine patrol, Echo and Darth Vader (in a Tie Phantom) spied a rebel squad far from home. Calling in Howlrunner and three Academy Pilots for support, they approached the rebels.

As they got within range they discovered Wedge Antilles in his X-Wing, accompanied by a Dagger Squadron pilot (B-Wing), a Gray Squadron pilot (Y-Wing) and a Red Squadron pilot (X-Wing).

The swarm of Tie Fighters and the pair of X-Wings sped towards each other as the Gray Squadron pilot banked right in an attempt to flank the swarm. Darth and Echo activated their cloaking device and headed towards the approaching B-Wing.

Howlrunner and his swarm of Tie Fighters banked left into a linear formation, meeting the rebels head on.

Wedge locked on to Howlrunner, hoping to kill the leader of the swarm and destroy morale. The Red Squadron pilot clipped one of the Academy pilots, throwing him temporarily off balance. Wedge and Howlrunner exchanged fire, with Howlrunner taking the bulk of the damage, but Wedge did not escape without harm. The Gray Squadron pilot managed to critically damage one of the Tie pilot's cockpits.

Unfortunately for the rebels, the rest of the swarm of Tie Fighters focused their fire on Wedge, destroying him.

Meanwhile, the Dagger Squadron pilot, searching for the cloaked Phantom, clipped an asteroid, damaging her shields. The Phantom decloaked behind her and fired, causing more damage before target locking her and recloaking.

The swarm of Tie Fighters, scattered by the collision with the rebels, turned and regrouped. While the Red Squadron pilot turned for another pass. Some long distance fire was exchanged, with Howlrunner taking the worst of the damage. The rebels knew that knocking her out of commission was the key to survival.

The Tie Phantom decloaked and turned around to pursue the Dagger Squadron pilot as she attempted to rejoin her comrades.

Fearing the Phantom she spun her ship around, not realizing that the swarm of Tie Fighters were reassembling their formation directly behind her.

Not wishing to be caught in the crossfire, her rebel companions sped in the other direction.The Dagger Squadron pilot found herself tragically pinned between the swarm of Tie Fighters and Darth Vader's Phantom.

In a devastating blast of fire, the Phantom completely destroyed the B-Wing. One of the Academy pilots also managed to further damage the Y-Wing's shields.

With the B-Wing no longer an issue, the Tie swarm began to turn towards the Red Squadron X-wing forcing it to clip an asteroid, damaging its engine. Darth and Echo turned the Phantom towards the fleeing Y-Wing. The line of Tie Fighters opened fire on the last remaining X-Wing.

Howlrunners blast of laser fire was the last straw for the crippled ship.

The Phantom opened fire on the Y-Wing, destroying the last of its shields. Vader, pushing his ship to the limits and destroying his own shields in the process, managed to cause critical structural damage to the Y-Wing. The Tie Fighters turned and regrouped successfully dodging the asteroid field.

The Phantom, in hot pursuit of the Y-Wing, clipped it from behind.

As the Tie Fighters continued to regroup, Howlrunner racing to rejoin them, the Y-Wing narrowly missed an asteroid. The Phantom pulled a hard K-turn to get the last ship into its firing arc.

As Echo and Vader continued to dance with the Y-Wing, the Tie Fighters rapidly approach.

As Howlrunner finally rejoined her comrades, the lonely Dagger Squadron pilot faces an ominous threat.

In a last ditch attempt, the Dagger Squadron pilot sped directly at the approaching swarm.

A final blast of fire from the Y-Wing proved fatal to Howlrunner.

As the Y-Wing smashed through the swarm of Tie Fighters, the Phantom miscalculated its decloaking and appeared too close to the Y-wing to fire on it.

However, a lucky long range shot from an Academy pilot proved too much for the crippled Y-Wing and the last member of the rebel patrol is finally destroyed.

Victorious, but devastated at the loss of Howlrunner, the imperial squadron returned to base.

Edit: edited for sloppy tenses
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Cordeiro
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the report. I really dig the narrative and accompanying pics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cordeiro wrote:
Thanks for the report. I really dig the narrative and accompanying pics.

Thanks for reading. Should have another one up in a few days, featuring a tougher rebel squadron.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sataranji
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
This was a fun read with some nice pics. I like how you used damage cards to represent destroyed ships. Looking forward to the next report!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sataranji wrote:
This was a fun read with some nice pics. I like how you used damage cards to represent destroyed ships. Looking forward to the next report!

Thanks! Just about to head into my next game. Phantom, Defender, Howlrunner, 2xAcademy pilots vs. Falcon, 2 x-wing and an A-wing. Hopefully will post session report sometime tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent report and great pictures - from my perspective (though I think this should be obvious to most everyone) ALL session reports should have to come with pictures or risk not being approved.

Great work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
Excellent report and great pictures - from my perspective (though I think this should be obvious to most everyone) ALL session reports should have to come with pictures or risk not being approved.

Great work!

Thanks! I finished up my next game, just need some time to write it up and process the photos. Should be up on Friday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mb
Excellent report. Stories like this always make me question why I don't have X-Wing yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.